Bridgestone M2/SS 200cc Motorcycle Restoration! She Is Still Winning Awards!

Re: Bridgestone M2/SS 200cc Motorcycle Restoration

One of the coolest things to me about a Bridgestone motorcycle is that you can run Bridgestone tires on it! This photo shows one of the new Bridgestone tires as well as a new rim band and tube that Brother Carlos sent for the build!

000_00123.jpg

The new front brake shoes arrived so we assembled them to the brake hub.

000_00034.jpg

We finished truing the front rim and installed the new rim band, tire, and tube.

000_00064.jpg

000_00073.jpg

We installed the front rim and brake plate on the chassis as well as the centerstand that I just painted black to match the frame and she looked so pretty we had to roll her outside so that we could take a few nice photos of her!

000_00045.jpg

000_00056.jpg

While we had her outside I went ahead and took a couple nicer photos of the tail section of the chassis as well.

000_00088.jpg

000_00098.jpg

She is not complete yet however you all know how much I love before and after photos so I added these just for fun!

000_0004.jpg

000_00105.jpg

1 more wheel and you got yourself a roller there boy! LOL looking amazing!!!!!!

Thank you Brother! The new rear brake shoes are on the way so I am going to start building the rear wheel and hope to have it ready to mount to the chassis by the time they arrive!

I have been working on the rear brake hub for the past few days, today I very lightly hand polished it to match the work that we did on the front hub. I still have some final fine polishing to do however I am going to go ahead and lace the new chrome rim and spokes to the hub as I would like to finish the final polishing once the rim is on the chassis. I should be able to assemble the rim and add new photos of it on the chassis by this weekend!

000_00019.jpg

000_00065.jpg

000_00106.jpg

Today I laced the new chrome rim to the hub with new spokes, the new rear brake shoes and chrome axle adjusters are here also so as soon as I true the rim and mount the new band, tube, and tire I can assemble the brake plate and install the rear wheel!

000_00047.jpg

Today I trued the rear rim and mounted the new rim band, tube, and Bridgestone tire.

000_00103.jpg

000_00035.jpg

The new brake shoes arrived so I installed them on to the rear brake plate and the new chrome axle adjusters also arrived so I installed the rear wheel assembly on to the chassis and took a few photos!

000_00057.jpg

000_00066.jpg

000_00074.jpg

000_00089.jpg

000_00099.jpg

She looks so preeeeeeeeety! I am so happy we have a roller! It all looks too good to be true... keep up the awesome work Joe!!!!

YAY roller, Awesome! feels like a bike again instead of a unicycle lol nice work buddy......

Thank you Brothers, it feels really good to see her as a roller again!

I have been working on the engine cases for the Bridgestone and just finished washing them so that I can start assembling the bottom end, I have also been sanding on a couple of the side covers to prepare them for light polishing.

Here are a few photos of the bare engine cases, I am going to start assembling the bottom end of the engine this afternoon!

000_0002-1.jpg

000_0005-1.jpg

000_0008-2.jpg

This is great stuff Joe! Always good to get a roller going :D

Thank you Brothers, you know it means a lot to me to have your support!

This afternoon I started to assemble the bottom end of the engine and I took a few photos while I was working.

I decided to install the shift drum, shift forks, etc. and the transmission in to the engine case first.

000_0001-1.jpg

000_0003-1.jpg

These photos show the new old stock factory Bridgestone crankshaft, new crankshaft end bearings, and the crankshaft assembly in the engine case.

000_0015.jpg

000_0012-1.jpg

000_0014-1.jpg

I also installed the kick starter shaft assembly in to the lower engine case.

000_00052-1.jpg

Cool this Sure is coming together nicely...Top Notch Work Joe!

DesmoBro said:
Cool this Sure is coming together nicely...Top Notch Work Joe!

Thank you Brother, I really appreciate your kind words!

Nice as always!

;D Now that is a perfect end to my day! Looking great Joe... can't wait to hear her running.

Thank you Brother andy!

Brother casi I can not wait to hear her run either!

Today I did the final inspection of the crankshaft and transmissions fitment and assembled the cases togethor, after I assembled the cases I set the bottom end of the engine in the frame and assembled the drum plate, shifter shaft, drum stopper, etc. to the block.

Brother casi85 asked me to retain some of the aged look on the outside of the cases so I very lightly blasted them with walnut shell to clean them without giving them a sandblasted look, a couple of the dark spots in the first photo are from me getting oil on them while handling the cases during assembly which I cleaned before setting the engine in the frame.

000_00022-1.jpg

000_0004-1.jpg

000_0039-1.jpg

000_0029-2.jpg

Looking good! I thought the bare frame was pretty but now with the bottom end she looks a little more like a rider!

Brother I really enjoy this part of the build the most, it is nice to keep adding new and restored parts to the frame!

I worked on the Bridgestone a lot today, I decided that I wanted to get the back wheel completely done and the axle bolted down so I worked on the rear brake and drive systems.

The original back brake cable was in good mechanical condition however it looked pretty rough so I cleaned the casing and restored the metal pieces and the arm. I had already posted a photo of the brake stay after I restored it however I thought it should be in this photo as well, the switch is a new old stock brake switch that Brother casi found for the build!

000_00042-1.jpg

I have had the brake pedal sitting on the frame however these are the rest of the rear brake components and the rear brake plate arm that Brother casi had rechromed, the rest of the hardware and springs had a lot of rust so I restored them today.

000_00122.jpg

This photo shows the brake pedal and the brake switch mounted on the frame, all of the hardware and cable connections are behind the frame rail.

000_00152.jpg

The rear brake system is complete and functional!

000_0016.jpg

My goal for today was to complete the rear brake system however I finished it ahead of schedule so I decided to move to the other side and work on the drive components! I installed the transmissions electronics to the engine case, I also cleaned and installed the front sprocket and mounted it.

000_0013-1.jpg

Brother casi had also sent a new DID chain so I installed it.

000_00142.jpg

000_0017-1.jpg

The entire rear wheel, brakes, and drive are now complete and this is how she is resting this evening!

000_0025.jpg

And BAM there it is! such a sweet bike :D

Back
Top Bottom