1976 Honda CB550SS, "Cafe Racer" BratStyle, Yoshi exhaust, New red, seat, $3600

Jake73

Alright, so this bike has been a project of mine. Everything was done professionally. One of my other bikes was featured on Pipeburn.com this month, it's the Blue XL285 if you go look. The same level of quality went into both of these.

This is a 1976 Honda CB550 SS, clean title in Hand. I'm asking 3,600obo and can ship.(**More pictures at the bottom, these are poor quality cell-phone shots.)

3photo.jpg

I just had Twinline Motorsports do a tuneup on it, filter, oil, points, new plugs, adj cam chain, and the brakes were bled. Compression was 160 across the board.

It has a (REAL) 70's yoshimura exhaust that is flawless somehow, it polished up great. The tank has about 6 hours of body work in it and is flawless, the Red was sprayed by a professional painter friend of mine and he custom made it to my instructions of "Make it kind of Ferrari < Honda < Ducatti." The miles are around 15-20k I believe, will have to verify once I go to the shop.

Odd's and End's

The Whole thing is slightly custom, here are a few key pieces.

The Tail of the frame was chopped back and a piece of U bend stock was replaced.

A seat was built, and then I had a professional upholsterer wrap it with high end boat vinyl. (I've done leather before, this vinyl is better if you plan on riding it.)

The taillight is under the seat and is a multi-LED. The unit is hidden, but the light can be seen very well.

Front Disc

Motor is painted in Engine Block Silver, Everything else is polished to hell.

Everything that was painted was primed out of an HVAC gun with high end primer, wet sanded with 300/600, sprayed with base, and then clear. This is no spray paint jobby.

The upper triple tree is fresh black.

The side panels are matching red.

The bar's a new and chrome.

New grips, new shaved wiring and levers.

Eliminated the dash console, just the two gauges there.

The electrical consists of a hidden key switch, a head light switch under the bucket, and a starter button on the bars. Very minimal and clean.

The tires are in great shape, suspension feels great and it's a fun ride.

It's a fun bike, let me know if you're interested.

Thanks,

Jake

Email me at JacobMichaelLyons@gmail.com or contact me @ 425 345 0773 (Call or Text)

photo2.jpg

photo1.jpg

5photo.jpg

4photo.jpg

Re: 1976 Honda CB550SS, "Cafe Racer" BratStyle, Yoshi exhaust, New red, seat, $4800

kinda pricy yeah?

Re: 1976 Honda CB550SS, "Cafe Racer" BratStyle, Yoshi exhaust, New red, seat, $4800

That exhaust looks like the stock F unit with a different muffler...

Real helpful, guys, thanks. :eek:

Rpino7 said:
kinda pricy yeah?

We get this all the time.
you might think so, hell i wouldnt pay that with some of the issues i see but that doesnt change the fact that "someone" might pay that even if they are not here.

YogiBear said:
That exhaust looks like the stock F unit with a different muffler...
It doesnt look like any yoshi pipe that i have ever seen.

I concur on the pipe. The header pipes are unequal length, similar to a stock 400f. The muffler is aftermarket and might be a vintage era Mac.

surffly said:
We get this all the time.
you might think so, hell i wouldnt pay that with some of the issues i see but that doesnt change the fact that "someone" might pay that even if they are not here.

thats true..

It doesnt look like any yoshi pipe that i have ever seen.

the header looks a lot like the stock header off a 550f, you think?
Honda%20CB%20550F.jpg

In certain parts of the country you might get that kind of money for this bike, like LA or san fransisco. I know i sold my little 125 for a crap load of money but you didnt see me advertising it on here. If your looking for a done bike to drop cash on and roll away, your not going to be on the dotheton website. I didnt post my 125 on here because nobody would buy it and it would just get shit talked. LOL

I didnt post my 125 on here because nobody would buy it and it would just get shit talked. LOL
[/quote]

hahah Lesson Learned.

LOWERED the price a grand. :p

hey don't let people tell you how much to sell your bike for, it's always different where you are, the finish and style of the bike also is important, it looks like a quality build, so let your local market decide the price,
all bikes will sell,
i've sold a few 550 at 5k plus where i am,
seriously those are f headers with a slash cut muffler,
i have 2 of the same bikes,

Back
Top Bottom