CB 400f clutch and engine cover on 350f??

Rogue

I've tried to find any threads on this using the search but cannot.

Can the left side starter/front sprocket cover and right side clutch cover from the 400f be used on the 350f?

They are completely different parts. They are not the same part numbers. But at least the sprocket side appears to be the exact same size and mounting holes appear to look like they are in the same spot. The clutch side however is a totally different mechanism of how it depresses the clutch. But it also appears like they could interchange.

Not much to add except for the fact that the covers have a gearing diagram on them, so the 400F goes to six. I thought the oil pump might be different, but it's the same. They do like they'd switch but I'm not positive.

Not trying to argue but you are missing the entire point here. I have the 350f parts. I want to use the 400f covers on the 350f because I think they look better. Hints the reason I asked if they can fit and if anyone had tried. Looking at them I guess I was wrong to figure it was something that would have been common.

VonYinzer said:
It seems like it would be easier to find 350 parts than 400 ones.

You know, I'm not so sure these days. The 350Fs are much more sought after in the past 3-5 years than before, despite smaller displacement and one less gear. Tanks, for example, fetch a pretty high price. Dunno if it's true, but I've heard the production numbers are fewer for the 350F than the 400F -- they made them for one fewer year. I also think the 350F is much better looking, lines, tank, etc., although I put 400F exhaust on one of my 350Fs, as that exhaust is iconic (and there are certainly more 400F exhausts around than 350F). I've got a 400F engine in a 350F frame, that to me was the engine I wanted in the frame/tank set up I wanted.

*** I should add: neither are really that rare -- they're all over fleabay for cheap

Back
Top Bottom