SEPTEMBER 2013 - DO THE TON BIKE OF THE MONTH - VOTING

Vote!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tim

Administrator
Staff member
Vote vote vote! More pics, stories.... nekkid people always help.

If any of the nominees would like the picture in the poll changed, PM me the link to the one you want. I tried to choose a good one of each.

great choices this month. gotta hand it to weberkid though... the fabrication on that thing is nuts.

All cool bikes, I had not seen Weberkids bike but I dig it. I followed jdizons and speedbumps builds. Jdizons' XS is beautiful. Speedbumps' CB550 gets my vote. Great work and he was even good enough to make a few parts for other folks. It's the perfect 550 IMHO.

I voted for jdizon's - XS650 Pocket Rocket ( despite it looking incomplete with this old pic)

Needs a current pic here to maximize votes ( with the exhaust and drive chain etc. )

for those who have not seen it:

http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=46327.msg578876#msg578876

Good grief! I followed jdizon's build and it would have easily gotten my vote, but that 550 is pure class. I love it, vote's in.

So I bought this CB550 from a man in west va who replied to a craigslist posting I had wanting to buy a CB750 frame. He said he had the title, bike didn’t run and had sat for a number of years. We settled on $260. Months later he never found the title. Took me 9 months to find the registered owner and go through the abandon title process.

I cut the back half of the frame off and redid all of the tubing to create that straight, tank to seat look. I then used 14” shocks in the rear. I purchased the seat from dime city and removed about 2” from the front then had it reupholstered. The tank is from a CB500T. Rearsets are Tarrozzi mounted to a bolt-on bracket I designed. The front fork was given to me at a vintage Japanese motorcycle show. I then designed a front hub and had many manufactured so that it could be a straight bolt-on solution and a triple tree top to match ( I still have a few left I need to sell ). All of the electrical system was trashed and rewired from scratch. The motor received a complete overhaul and powdercoated. The frame and hubs and rims where powdercoated as well. The rims are 17” Harley rims so that I could run modern tires. There is a ton of stuff I’m leaving out, but captured on my build forum.

http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=43369.0

Since I lack any ability to take a picture, a photographer friend, Sera Petras ( http://serapetras.com/ ) helped me out with these great pictures. I also had my wife do a little modeling. I hope you guys enjoy these pics as much as I do.

ase6ujy3.jpg
aqu3ugyv.jpg
9uzyje5e.jpg
zyjybyqu.jpg
udu3u7u4.jpg

All great bikes, this is one of the toughest months for BOTM. But had to vote for the jdizon's bobber, so awesome.

I usually use the "vote for what you would most want to ride" method, but this month it was still a close call. Fantastic restoration and fab work on these bikes.

What, no drum brakes this month? Hmmm, this is difficult but I only vote for bikes with spoked wheels, so of the remaining two choices I will go with Speedbump's 550 and imagine a vintage front end and fender on it. I loved my CB550 and can appreciate the work he put in to it.

Back
Top Bottom