1970's CB550 custom - Lazarus

Cool, sounds like you have a good plan then. Can’t think of anything obvious you’re missing.

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

LightsOut said:
Cool, sounds like you have a good plan then. Can’t think of anything obvious you’re missing.

Awesome. Sometimes it just takes talking through it with others to know you’re on the right track.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trailer is coming along. Almost done. And then I can move it out of the barn and start working on the bike. Waiting on my rear sets anyhow.
5ca82de5a02512be9d1d4edb059dae3f.jpg

Got my rear sets in today and what’s the first thing everyone does when they get a new toy for the bike... you put them on the wrong sides upside down? Lmao...

We do it nice cause we do it twice!

Lookie Lookie I found a cookie...

Now what this tells me is I had the Dayna S ignition system installed when I had the engine refreshed. Explains why I couldn’t find it and the old points are in my ignition box. Bought the coils to go with it.

Here is a few pics. Dirty engine and all.
565e3d5988ddde72da5552c896affd45.jpg
57520ca7eb26c48efa19633658770762.jpg
2d535fac20d244e433fec04c59177dd2.jpg
63c7f01126f898304a0781d31d2c6d4d.jpg

And the money shot... my old points!
1cf88e873d691f86df90071229401fb1.jpg

Good move going w the folding rear sets. I got folding Tarozzis on my 360. Best thing ever.

All pegs should be able to se stowed away like that.

Well upon inspection, they are not folding. I must have ordered the wrong ones. But with them up on the rear passenger spot they shouldn’t be in the way when I kickstart. I guess I will find out.

Never used a steam cleaner to degrease, but recently used one for my bathroom... does it work well on parts too? Always looking for better ways to clean stuff :)

LightsOut said:
Never used a steam cleaner to degrease, but recently used one for my bathroom... does it work well on parts too? Always looking for better ways to clean stuff :)

So-so, shit was caked on bad. So I think it helped. I need some better brushes.

ed694a9afc44ef950b7b7110336d5682.jpg

Found my exhaust gaskets! Woot woot!
No they are not brass rings for my brass balls

Also found my rubber gaskets for my carb boot seats. I think that’s what they were.

teazer said:
Scorpion sting in the tail. Sorry dude, that tail light is all sorts of wrong in terms of matching other style elements - IMHO.

"Thunderbirds". That takes me back. Way back. Thunderbird 2 was the best...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkVuIRjoMhY
LOL, Reminds me of Andrew (something or other?) We were drinking in Porthcawl Hotel and out of nowhere he says, "Undersea rescue, looks like a job for Thunderbird 4"..... ...."Of course it's a job for Thunderbird 4, it's the only fucking submarine we've got"I guess it was funnier when 3/4 drunk ;D BTW, tail light looks too big, it's silly ;)

Do your thing man, make it your own. It's all too easy to be swayed by the popular vote but balls to that.

The Jimbonaut said:
Do your thing man, make it your own. It's all too easy to be swayed by the popular vote but balls to that.
It’s all good. I’m not taking it personally that’s for sure. I had a different setup for the tail lights and it was lame. So I’m going to make a piece of flat bar that will hold this single light. Then I can hook it all up and decide if I like it. Also, it will make it easy to remove should I decide to take a few laps at the vintage bike days this summer. Hoping to get it mocked up this weekend.

Spent the day finishing up the motor cleaning. Tried to rig it up to be able to set it into the bike but it’s not cooperating.
391e4c42ba98996d6ad5011c9545c238.jpg

I removed the starter. Now there are lots of things on this forum and others about 350-450 twins using a plug. But I haven’t been able to find one for a 500/550 fours.

Does anyone have a solution?

There were plugs made for race motors 'back in the day' but there isn't a good way to fit a plug so it doesn't look crappy.

Back
Top Bottom