1975 Honda CB400F- For Sale in Michigan

Re: 1975 Honda CB400F- What's it worth?

Like sands of the hourglass, so are the days of our lives...

I don't care if it becomes a door stop or a beer tap behind the bar... the rerun asked how much it's worth not if he should save this child from drowning in the river (it is a life right?) fact is... thousands of them 'no collector nothing here... well collector if you mean motorcycle hoarder maybe but its not going to the Smithsonian.

You guys that are so pure and believe a mass produced cycle is somehow the holy grail every damn time need to voice your opinions and then let it go... you don't call the shots and your .02 opinions are just that.

I wish I could film going at that thing with a gas ax toss a set of flat bars on the shock mounts, gut it fenders and all, paint it flat black with rat can rustolium add a fresh set of firestones and a brown seat... then post that youtube over and over and over again hahahahahahahahahahahahahaahah :eek:

J-Rod10 said:
He's transitioned over to the SOHC forum. Apparently this forum is just mean, and awful.

And managed to get an argument going/ posts deleted right off the bat. I just don't get it :eek:

jag767 said:
And managed to get an argument going/ posts deleted right off the bat. I just don't get it :eek:

Drama is good for ratings... I like to boost ratings while I poke the ribs of fellow DTT members... Rage is healthy, it keeps the little blood clots from turning into a DVT that can break off and cause respiratory failure :eek: HAHAHAHA!

OP this is the angle grinder I use and it is a great bang for the buck. Will whiz right through anything that honda will throw at you.

http://www.cpooutlets.com/factory-reconditioned-hitachi-g12ss-4-1-2-in--5-amp-slide-switch-small-angle-grinder/hitrg12ss,default,pd.html&antisku=antiskuB&gclid=CK2kg8nvrswCFUo2gQodZfQJIQ&zmap=hitrg12ss&zmac=722&zmas=47&zmam=31282435&ref=pla

Pawn shops have good quality tools for great prices and will haggle deep if you bundle

Tune-A-Fish said:
Drama is good for ratings... I like to boost ratings while I poke the ribs of fellow DTT members... Rage is healthy, it keeps the little blood clots from turning into a DVT that can break off and cause respiratory failure :eek: HAHAHAHA!

No rage here. Success in painting yourself as a tool, definitely. There's a reason nobody invites you to the real life get togethers. Food for thought.

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Kanticoy said:
No rage here. Success in painting yourself as a tool, definitely. There's a reason nobody invites you to the real life get togethers. Food for thought.

Aww how sweet of you, but I do get invited to all of the get togethers with my real life friends and have hosted many many real life gatherings of hundreds of my own. Also I was invited to the Thaw by Jenn her self, but out of respect for her and because E is not a fan I wont attend.

Tool

1975 Honda CB400F- What's it worth?

Tune-A-Fish said:
Aww how sweet of you, but I do get invited to all of the get togethers with my real life friends and have hosted many many real life gatherings of hundreds of my own. Also I was invited to the Thaw by Jenn her self, but out of respect for her and because E is not a fan I wont attend.

Tool

Yeah Jenn and E don't host the Thaw. Or Barbers for that matter.

Tune-A-Fish said:

Tool

We host the DTT camping for Meltdown. Meltdown isnt our show either. Totally different guy running that show. You're more than welcome there, I don't even mind if you come by the house or want to camp. But c'mon, we've disagreed in other threads on here, it's not that im not a fan of yours, I just don't like seeing ppl make drama where it isn't welcome on the menu. But then, you brought me up in a completely unrelated thread ::)

To the OP, I'd definetly see what kinda stock condition is under the dust. these bikes look great with some minor mods or bone stock, and a supertrapp muffler REALLY does these bikes justice. If you do decide to mod, theres a lot that can be done without cutting it up. Super rare? no. But not common either. They are a few notches above most of the other 70's hondas and others in collectibility. That goes out the window when the grinder comes out. Im not totally opposed to cutting, just weigh the value a bit first. They are cool old bikes.

Mr.E said:
We host the DTT camping for Meltdown. Meltdown isnt our show either. Totally different guy running that show. You're more than welcome there, I don't even mind if you come by the house or want to camp. But c'mon, we've disagreed in other threads on here, it's not that im not a fan of yours, I just don't like seeing ppl make drama where it isn't welcome on the menu. But then, you brought me up in a completely unrelated thread ::)

To the OP, I'd definetly see what kinda stock condition is under the dust. these bikes look great with some minor mods or bone stock, and a supertrapp muffler REALLY does these bikes justice. If you do decide to mod, theres a lot that can be done without cutting it up. Super rare? no. But not common either. They are a few notches above most of the other 70's hondas and others in collectibility. That goes out the window when the grinder comes out. Im not totally opposed to cutting, just weigh the value a bit first. They are cool old bikes.

I mixed the two up. Thanks for the veiled invite.

I never came here with any intention of creating drama, I was however very quickly provoked over my choice not to restore the CB I started on another thread and was banned for defending my position there. Kinda puts a guy on defense right off.

Tune-A-Fish said:
I mixed the two up. Thanks for the veiled invite.
No veiled invite, Tune-A. You're always welcome. You'll love the neighborhood. No shit.

Or major twisties for wonderful street riding.

J-Rod10 said:
He's transitioned over to the SOHC forum. Apparently this forum is just mean, and awful.

You guys are mean and awful. That's why I like it here.

It's just the net persona irl were all very kind and helpful... sometimes it even slips out here ::)

hooligan998 said:
You guys are mean and awful. That's why I like it here.

that's why I joined then they got rid of dohc :'( well dohc actually forced it

***Quick Update***
I pulled the tank off last night to look over everything as much as I could. I wanted to do a compression test but turned out I don't have the appropriate sized socket to remove the plugs.

So here's what I found so far:
- The tank had gas in it which is my fault because I'm the one who used to ride it and parked it in the barn after college where the poor thing sat for 23 years. I emptied it but it looks like bad news in there. Lots of rust, but on the other hand no holes or weak spots as far as I can tell. Unfortunately there's a crease in it from when it fell over in the back of a pickup truck years ago.
- Mileage is 20,200
- Manufacture date was 2/75.
- It appears that there is no deep rust anyplace on it. Even the exhaust looks really good from the headers all the way through the muffler. There's a little corrosion in the battery tray, but not bad and does not appear to have leaked through onto anything underneath. Frame, swingarm, shocks, forks, fenders, hell even the chain guard, all have a little surface rust here and there but seem to be solid.
- The motor kicks over freely, but it has a head gasket leak that was actually always there as far as I remember
- Aside from replacement mirrors, it's 100% complete and stock. Seems I've had a classic barn find at my childhood home!

So I think I've made a decision. The bike is in way too good of shape (assuming that the motor isn't a major issue) and also has too much sentimental value to either sell it or chop it up and turn it into some kind of cafe/brat/whatever. I'm going to tear it down and clean, repair, replace where necessary, and put it back together again as-is with maybe a couple little mods, and then ride the hell out of it.

Thanks again for all the feedback and opinions and advice. I feel really good now about resurrecting it and getting it back on the street ASAP.

Proud of you! It's an awesome bike. I want one myself, they're just so damn hard to find.

Back
Top Bottom