Track Bike - h2b 750 Triple aka. 'Mongrel'

Drew,

I see your running a full fzr front end and rear. What did you do for the rear swing arm. I believe that swinger is longer than stock or at least longer than my 72 h1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drew,

I see your running a full fzr front end and rear. What did you do for the rear swing arm. I believe that swinger is longer than stock or at least longer than my 72 h1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well sir, you're close. :) The front AND rear ends are off a '86 Yamaha FZ600. There are differences between the FZ and the FZR, but I don't know the details off hand. I CAN tell you that the swingarm off the FZ is virtually identical in length to the original h2 and h2a. That means that my h2b has been returned to the original wheelbase and geometry of the earlier models. 8)

I think you'll find the '85-'86-'87 FZ600 is very close to the length of your h1 swingarm. :) You'll have to scroll through the build thread to find it, but there's a dimension listed there somewhere for the FZ swingarm. ;D

http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=5411.0

Happy hunting! ;)

Kinda fluked into my fairing of choice on Saturday. :D

An Armor Bodies 99-02 SV650 fairing. Got the whole kit for the price of the upper only. :)

Gotta figure out the mounts for it, get a windscreen, paint it (along with the tank, side covers and seat) and the "looks department" will be covered. ;D

Entering into a little re-build on the engine as well. That should be interesting. ;) 8)

Hey Drew.
Like what you've done to the Mongrel.
You know I'm a fan of fairings.

Any updated pix?

8)

Out with the Mongrel a few years back:

Hey Rob! You know I've always been envious of your Rickman! :D

No progress as of yet. I have to clean up my shop space for a few weeks. No play/work is going to be getting done for a while. :p We'll see what the New Year brings. :D

Back
Top Bottom