Shinko 712's for 350F or 1971 Honda CB 750

WildeJ

Been Around the Block
Anyone here have any experience with these? I initally thought about going with Kendas, then moved on to Avon, but these seem a bit more cost effective and also have received reviews similar to Avon - all good.

I have 712s on my daily, and had them on by cb350. Grip is fine wet and dry. I ride everyday in south georgia so lots of wet riding. I'm not a track rider so I cant comment on that, but they have never made me nervous in normal driving conditions. The main downside is they wear rather quickly in comparison to more expensive tires. I will likely put another set on my vulcan 500 when my rear finishes wearing out.

wahvtec said:
I have 712s on my daily, and had them on by cb350. Grip is fine wet and dry. I ride everyday in south georgia so lots of wet riding. I'm not a track rider so I cant comment on that, but they have never made me nervous in normal driving conditions. The main downside is they wear rather quickly in comparison to more expensive tires. I will likely put another set on my vulcan 500 when my rear finishes wearing out.

How many miles would you say you get out of a set? And thanks for commenting!

I too run 712's on my cx500 and they are great. Kiley runs them on 3 bikes 400f highly modded 360 and one of his beemers I think and loves them too.

Maritime said:
I too run 712's on my cx500 and they are great. Kiley runs them on 3 bikes 400f highly modded 360 and one of his beemers I think and loves them too.

Im glad to hear this! When DOHC said they were good, I clicked "buy."
Im glad I dont have to pay a fortune for a well performing tire, and I like the way they look. A friend was trying to convince me Firestone Deluxe are good but I couldnt overlook all the bad reviews I read online, and passed them up.

Good for you. Shinkos used to be yokahama, they are great bang for buck tires. Yes you change them more often but they stick well and wearbeven. I use 230's on my Goldwing and put about 6-8000 miles on a set. On season. But I have done 80 mph leaned over in torrential rain in PA and CT and they stick like glue

wahvtec said:
Ive put 4500 on mine and expect to see 6000 or more out of my rear.

Thats good news. I may not do over 2k this summer. I may have mentioned, Im just learning to ride

My 712's are 2 seasons old and I'll get a third. The 230's wear faster due to the bike and the tire

Maritime said:
I put 12000 miles on my first year and it was from sept-nov

Well youre right I guess. I put 1200 miles on my specializedrockhopper bike (mountain bike) from end of July to Sept. I dont plan to ride the motorcycle a whole lot within the city though. NYCers are crazy mean drivers (cars)

Sounds like a good excuse to get out of the city. I think I put around 5k on my CB the first year. Fun year that was, buddy and I both bought bikes at the same time and just rode every-damned-where. What a riot

I lived in a city but not NYC. 5 mins from my house and I was on secondary roads that bent and twisted to the coast and I could do 150-200 miles in an evening and not ride the same road twice.

coyote13 said:
Sounds like a good excuse to get out of the city. I think I put around 5k on my CB the first year. Fun year that was, buddy and I both bought bikes at the same time and just rode every-damned-where. What a riot

yeah I plan to get upstate and down the shore a bit. Imalso planning a trip with buddies through Monument Valley in Utah and then on to Phoenix. Cant wait to test this little 350F.

DohcBikes said:
712'S are excellent.

Here is how they look on. Bike is really shaping up:

Attachments

• IMG_7847.png
    IMG_7847.png
    783.8 KB · Views: 933
  • IMG_7860.png
    IMG_7860.png
    820.4 KB · Views: 981
Back
Top Bottom