XL 250 forks and 21" front wheel swap for an xs650

dRUGdEALER

Hi, ive read around some forums and seen some pictures that XL 250 forks with front wheel is a direct swap to an xs650 without fabrication? Anyone can confirm this?
Also, did Honda use the same forks for XL 250 1972-73 (motorsport) and in the 1974-76 model? Front wheel aswell?

8)

Fork tube dimensions are the same for 77-82 XS650 and XL250. XL250 is a drum brake, though. If you stick with the disc, you have direct bolt on modern floating rotor options with FZR rotors. If you want a 21" wheel, I'd get a 21" hoop and relace it with the XS hub.

Yeah, and by the looks of it this got the xl fork and wheels in xs trees :) just dont know what has to be done to make it fit.

http://www.xs650chopper.com/2016/01/75-aussie-chop/

XL fork tubes fit into XS trees, since they are the same dimension - 35mm.

Yeah i got that but what about the xl front wheel in xl forks and XS trees.. Will the brake stay work? Spacers? I mean will you have same space between legs with xs trees as ypu would have on xl trees. Thats my concern :) if i need to fab Spacers and a brake stay then i could easily just buy the xl250 wheel and go that route :)

The brake stay on a drum brake front end is on the wheel. If you go with an XL front end- trees, forks, wheel. The spacer is already there. But then you have to find out the bearing and stem conversion (if necessary) for the XS frame. If you go with XL forks and wheel and XS trees, then you may need to fab another spacer if the XS trees are wider. But you said you wanted to go with the 21" XL wheel, so you have to get them and measure to know.

Back
Top Bottom