DO THE TON Mama Tried #6! Oct 9-11 2015 in the Dirty Dirty South

Tim

Administrator
Staff member
Amazing to think we're going to be gathering in sunny Alabama for the 6th annual Mama Tried DO THE TON get together in just a few short weeks!

Conveniently, George Barber has seen fit to schedule his weekend shindig on the same weekend as our event each year, and it would seem this year is no different ;)

And the cherry on this Sunday (and Friday and Saturday) is that the Ace Corner will be in full swing as well!

2nd weekend in October 9-11 just outside Birmingham Alabama, situated on the rather spanky grounds of the Barber Motorsports Park.

Consider this the official 'Call for Volunteers'. We're looking for folks to help out in either the morning (8AM - 12:30PM) or afternoon (12:30 - 5PM) on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

DO THE TON will be telling people where to park their rides at the entrance to the Ace Corner, and directing folks who want to enter their eligible bikes in the juried show to that area for registration and display parking.

Basically the same deal as past years. Not hard work, and for a few hours of your time, you'll receive a weekend upgrade to the Ace Corner to compliment your Barber Vintage Festival tickets.

Many of you have already reached out to me to voice your willingness to volunteer - it is greatly appreciated. We're looking for in the range of 20-30 folks. Ideally we have 3-4 people on each of the shifts, and no repeats. So 8 people a day x 3 days = 24 people.

PM me or email me tim@dotheton.com with your desired time slot and any pertinent details like who else you're volunteering to help out :)

2016 will be a good year. Museum expansion should be done by then. Will miss you this time around! Heal quickly. Put some duct tape on that thing.

I won't be there this year. I've become a weekend worker and won't be able to get the time off. I hope to see y'all next year!

I'm at that stage where I want to ride the bike so I can make sure it won't break during Vintage Fest.
But I'm afraid to ride the bike because I don't want to break anything before Vintage Fest.

The struggle is real...

I'd love to go this year - is anyone riding down from the Northeast / New England?

We'd love to be going again this year but, alas, we're gonna miss it. :'( You'll just have to soldier on with out us. ::) ;D

Be safe, have fun and take lots of pics! ;D 8)

All in. Nothing's running right now, so I may have to resort to donuts with the Box Chevy in Kiley's yard.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Damn Drew, it ain't gonna be the same without ya :/

Eric, bring it anyway. We can finish her up at Kileys ;)

deviant said:
All in. Nothing's running right now, so I may have to resort to donuts with the Box Chevy in Kiley's yard.

If you wear a tube top, I'll give you a ride on my motorcycle.

Redbird said:
I'm at that stage where I want to ride the bike so I can make sure it won't break during Vintage Fest.
But I'm afraid to ride the bike because I don't want to break anything before Vintage Fest.

The struggle is real...
Is this about the bike that you are riding while your other bike is broken? Lol.

Looking forward to seeing everyone once again, Kiley's or bust! More new Canuks coming down this year to cause havoc and drink all yer beer, seems fair. My only transport at Barber will be my CB550 Hybrid as the Aerostar is Hors de combat. Might need a bit of luck or heavy wrenching at Kileys, fingers crossed!

Mcgoo said:
I'd love to go this year - is anyone riding down from the Northeast / New England?

7 of us leaving from Ct on 10/7, two trucks with trailers. Camping in LOT D, I paid for 4 spots, won't use them all. Then departing on Sunday late morning headed to North Carolina and the Iron Horse Lodge for two days of riding around "The Dragon", US28 and some cool roads, maybe hit the museum call "wheels through time". Back to work 10/15

Wheels Through Time is worth the stop. Dale is a great guy. Kemp and I rolled in 5 minutes before closing a few years back and he gave us a personal tour of the museum.

Fired up Chet's 1911 Indian (producer of Naked Speed / Cafe Racer TV).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSozWN0__9Q

deviant said:

You'd better bring it. It's so close to being ready that I expect a good showing of sohc 750's this year. We gotta represent!

Back
Top Bottom