1970 cb350 "wtf is that" Build.

Long time no update.... Got kinda busy at work and working on bikes at home, the ol CB just got kinda pused aside. Well winter has come so things are slow and I have been "laid off" so I have had some time to do some work as funds will let me. So what new with the bike your asking your self. Well I have made a set of upper fork covers, Bike starts, Drilled some vent holes in the front wheel hub....that i have some questions on. Right now the holes are 1inch big. Does anybody know how big i can go before it is a problem? Id really like to cut almost all of it out. but i dont want it to become really weak. Let me know thanks.

noforkcovers.jpg

noforkcover.jpg

forkcovers.jpg

forkcover.jpg

wheelbefore.jpg

drilledwheel.jpg

drilledwheelonbike.jpg

Neo,

I really like the colour of the forks... It reminds me of vintage telephones, the sealing wax that kings use to mark letters, and its just got this charm to it... very classic and cool.
I like the build man, keep up the good work, looking forward to seeing what comes of it...
-Slice
neomxb said:
Long time no update.... Got kinda busy at work and working on bikes at home, the ol CB just got kinda pused aside. Well winter has come so things are slow and I have been "laid off" so I have had some time to do some work as funds will let me. So what new with the bike your asking your self. Well I have made a set of upper fork covers, Bike starts, Drilled some vent holes in the front wheel hub....that i have some questions on. Right now the holes are 1inch big. Does anybody know how big i can go before it is a problem? Id really like to cut almost all of it out. but i dont want it to become really weak. Let me know thanks.

noforkcovers.jpg

noforkcover.jpg

forkcovers.jpg

forkcover.jpg

wheelbefore.jpg

drilledwheel.jpg

drilledwheelonbike.jpg

Looks great, question for you, can you shoot me the link to where you found that mirror? I've been looking for something that size (or smaller) that will bar-mount.

i know that fatty trick for the trees :)! did it on my G wing... like the whole thing, def going to need some rear sets sitting that low on the bike, i love it so far though man! sharp scoot!!! keep those pics coming

Nah, you don't want rear sets in that riding position, mids or even forwards would work better. I am not a fan of forward controls, but I think if you move the stock controls about four inches forward (not all the way up to the down tubes) you would have a much better riding position. If you go with rear sets, you will be sitting on your tant on that skate deck (nuts beg NO!), with the mid to slightly forward setup, your weight will be rested on your ass (nuts say YAY!)! Just my two cents!

true! where they are now will not work at all he will look like a money humping that tank... forward would take some fabrication, but would look trick

Yeah I need to do something with the pegs, they welded nuts the mount the peg bracket to the frame are striped out thats why i sill dont have a kick stand and the other side is just holding on, at one point i was going to do rear sets but the bike sets so low that my toes would hit the ground every time i would turn, thats not good. I think I am going to move the pegs forward some. They are going to be somewhere between mids and forwards. Thas still on the to do list. Im have to make a new headlight bracket, the one I made wont work with the new trees that I have. then I think it will be time to start some wring.

Who did the artwork on your tank? Looks tight... Can you post close ups of it?

-Slice

nemocb said:
Yeah I need to do something with the pegs, they welded nuts the mount the peg bracket to the frame are striped out thats why i sill dont have a kick stand and the other side is just holding on, at one point i was going to do rear sets but the bike sets so low that my toes would hit the ground every time i would turn, thats not good. I think I am going to move the pegs forward some. They are going to be somewhere between mids and forwards. Thas still on the to do list. Im have to make a new headlight bracket, the one I made wont work with the new trees that I have. then I think it will be time to start some wring.

I stand corrected - Found them in the earlier posts of the thread, UNBELIEVABLE! Is that done with sharpies!?
-Slice

nemocb said:
Bro worked on the tank more today

Right
righttank.jpg

rightreartank.jpg

rightfronttank.jpg

toptank.jpg

toptoptank-1.jpg

topbottomtank.jpg

Left
lefttank.jpg

leftfronttank.jpg

leftreartank.jpg

Thanks, MY brother did it all for me. I was a white base used spray paint from auto zone. Then used black and white paint markers. We were getting them from Michaels Crafts but then they switched to sharpie brand. They sucked but we were about done anyway.

Let me see if have any new close ups of its been cleared looks really cool all the black is the same color and you cant really see the paint lines.

I dont have any. Ill take some more over the week end. I might even get out a real camera and not use my cell phone. (every picture i post is a cell picture). Ill have the swing arm back on also, Its painted the same color as the forks. Both of wich have like 5 coats of a really good flat black primer and only 2 coats of cheap TSC brand primer brown. I hope that it will rub off and let the black show threw, letting it get an aged look.

Bike looks good. I really dig that tank. Your brother should take advantage of the sharpie trend while its hot. So are you gonna do anymore to the bike or are you gonna leave it as is?

Who knows, It needs to just get done at this point. I really dont have much that I have to do. Wireing, drive chain, foot peg/kick stand. Im sure ill find other stuff that i dont really need to do and get side tracted doing it.

Once bike is "done" Im going to look into redoing the sub frame and swing arm maybe even do a trike kit on it.

yeah yeah haha. I have ridden trikes. they can be a challenge to ride.....i think thats why I like them. I just look at my bike and think "man this thing would look really weird with 3 wheels" the look on peoples faces if i came into a parking lot sideways with the back tires spinning on the 350.

IF i end up doing this it would have to be easy to go 2 or 3 wheels. Just pull the piviot shaft, remove chain, remove brake drum rod, rear shocks, plate and unplug the brake/run light.

The only way you'll get a 350 trike to slide sideways into a parking lot with the tires spinning is if you bolt another engine in there and run bicycle tires! haha... Not a lot of torque there brother. Gotta say though, I love the bike as it is now. Really righteous. Just has a really cool vibe to it.

Back
Top Bottom