CB350 Rearsets are Here!!!! Finally!!

facefirst35 said:
Any chance of ever making some for a CB175?

I think they actually use a similar plate that holds the passenger pegs. Ill look into it.

As far as the heim joints go, there are 3 ball joints, and one heim joint in the kit. The heim joint is used to fit in the clevis at the rear drum arm, at the end of the brake linkage. The other three are for linkage hook ups!

Any idea if these will fit on the passenger peg mounts for a '76 CB550F? Kris, I'll email you some photos later tonight and we can try and work something out with the DIY kit perhaps..

I've been looking for a set of rearsets for my cb360. New around here mostly lurking so I don't know who Kris is.

How would I go about getting in contact with him.

Anarkee said:
I've been looking for a set of rearsets for my cb360. New around here mostly lurking so I don't know who Kris is.

How would I go about getting in contact with him.

Pretty sure he is the OP of this thread... This is his site. http://oldschoolspeed.com/products/

I bought Kris's rearsets myself and they are excellent. I find the gear shifter toe peg a little too short because I'm still using the stock muffler and pipes on a CL350 scrambler, which force a wide left leg straddle (much further out than on a CB or even a CL with shorties). Kris is sending a spacer up so I can get the peg further out and hence avoid the uncomfortable ankle rotation to upshift.

I ended up using the original rear brake switch in a different location and made it work to light up. I find it important in city traffic to be able to use it. To accomplish this I drilled two holes in the metal of the tool holder (not quite level, but offset to allow the switch to be at an angle), then laced through a zip-tie. Then, after some experimentation, I dremeled a groove in the plastic housing of the switch to allow the zip tie to sit in it; this stops the whole assembly from sliding down even with very strong pedal force.

I also re-used the original brake control spring, attached at the top of the rearset tab (where it connects to the frame), so the brake pedal is always in the same initial position and doesn't flop around.

I ended up electing to have the brake arm at the drum close to its original position (i.e. down) rather than having to grind the splines and have it upright. It meant that I had to slightly bend the all-thread brake rod -- it's not a perfect pull (under load the rod can try to straighten a bit rather than transfer the force to the brake itself) but it still works fine and I can still lock up the rear if I choose to do so. Any more force than that isn't required. :)

Pics here:
http://www.flickr.com/honda_cl350k4

Cheers,
phaetn

have you ever fabbed up a pair to mate with a 77/78 cb550k frame (the one with the weird lower 19mm frame tube section connecting the passenger peg mounts?

Do these work on my cl360 "Scrambler"?

Anybody have pics? If not where is the next best source for near bolt on kit? Or does everything need modification still?

Back
Top Bottom