Help me gather Cafe Racer info for a school project !

nielsds

Hi Guys,

For a school project with theme “sub cultures” I decided to make mine about Cafe Racers.
I’m trying to gather data about the most populair and most used platforms.
As I understand any bike can be a Cafe Racer, but for me its about the the mostly used ones.
I made a google spreadsheet to gather data, I would be VERY happy I you guys could help
me to gatter as much data as possible !

How it works ?
Go to ->
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14DfPI-c7A6_x7KbeRn_nCagzk3zOPPJOeXS2i7MMsE0/edit?usp=sharing
- > on the bottom select the manufacture you want to share info from
- > add models, the manufacturing years and add your score
- > add popularity scores behind other poples input, so we have an avarage

Hopefully you guys could help ! I would really appreciate it !

Simple Definition of subculture

: a group that has beliefs and behaviors that are different from the main groups within a culture or society

Now define what a "cafer racer" (person) is.

Define what a "cafe racer" (motorcycle) is.

A subculture would be made up of the people, not the bikes. The more specific you make your definition of what a cafe racer motorcycle is, the more detractors your definition will get.

I'm guessing your spreadsheet misses the point of the assignment.

Niels, is this you?

Hi Guys,

Let me tell you something more about myself:
I live in Europe Belgium and am a Product Designer.
Motorcycles are my biggest passion for as long I could remember.

Our custom motorcycle scene isn’t as big as yours, but its growing, especially in the cafe racer style.

I currently work as a designer (non-technical) in a field thats doesn’t really passionates me.
My biggest dream is to start in the custom motorcycle scene.
There are a lot of companies in this, but from my personal opinion manny of them are lacking in there designs.

My main concern for the Harley custom parts is “made in Belgium”.. ?

I always like your opinions on this forum, so I would like to hear them.

If someone has some parts they feel are missing in the custom scene, it would be great to send me a pm about that.

Thx !
Niels

Is this spreadsheet really for a school project? A pessimist might think it's an attempt to gather data to figure out where to concentrate efforts when creating new parts... it makes sense that the spreadsheet is missing Norton, BSA, Ducati, Moto Guzzi, etc too. Why include brands no longer made or with small market share?

I ask because your post hints at English not being your first language, and your username isn't common, yet matches the guy's on the XL forum.

I saw this on a guitar effects builder forum years back. Manufacturers would see what people were building, what refinements they liked/didn't like, and then steal the schematics that were posted. They even went as far as to ask questions on how to modify circuits for better performance. I'm pretty sure one of the major companies stole an enclosure concept from me on there, but what the hell am I gonna do about it?

Those motherfuckers. Which ones? I used to be very active on ultimate guitar. I posted a thing on integrating a kaossilator in an SG.

snmavridis said:
Those motherfuckers. Which ones? I used to be very active on ultimate guitar. I posted a thing on integrating a kaossilator in an SG.
It happened on DIYstompboxes.com. Notice the similarities between my delay and the MXR blow torch. Not to mention my last name has "torch" in it, I'm fairly certain they were telling me to blow them lol.
a7cbfcb1a4461fbc43d3e8e2b49b514b.jpg
04cea0ca2d539869f4bd57d33870f2fb.jpg

You got schematics on that thing... wanna study it... for... science. Yeah haha dude that's terrible. That's absolutely terrible. Marketing schemes like that are the worst. If you want information just ask. Don't try to conceal it. Sweet stompbox though!

Cb hondas are very popular amongst cafe builders. I own a yamaha xs but i myself will be looking for a cx model made by honda. As you said. Almost any bike can be cafe styled but i would stick to culture rather than bike itself. I personally believe its about diy and creativity. The bike and styling is all personal preference. The value of the bike is as great as the passion its builder put in it.

Sent from my SM-G360P using DO THE TON mobile app

LOL.

And there was a time that DTT was the "nice" forum.....

Kid was at CR.net asking for the same BS.

Back
Top Bottom