Cb125 throttle cable

Ricecakedaddy

I have a 1974 cb125

Im new to working on bikes and was wondering how can I adjust the throttle cable on the bike, I know on a lot of cables there are suppose to be a place to adjust it with a wrench but the throttle cable I have looks like you cant adjust it.
When I turn on the bike, the bike rpm shoots up to 4k, and If I turn the handlebars left and right it raises or lowers the rpm, so that's why im asking about adjusting the throttle.

this is what the throttle cable looks like
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-CB-125-S-1971-1977-Slinky-Glide-Throttle-Cable-A-Pull-/381679130903?hash=item58ddd95917:g:9CsAAOSwmUdUU13e&vxp=mtr

Hey ricecakedaddy. I believe the shop manual for your bike is lurking online and free for you to download (sorry I don't have the url, but it might even be somewhere in the forums here). It'll help with your cable adjustment question and a whole lot more.

shop manual doesnt help in any way to adjust a throttle cable for the cb125, as the cb125 doesn't have a throttle cable adjuster.

Manual goes over it.
There is adjustment.

Revs can be caused by a lot of things.
Watch out for stupid things like pod filters and short pipes.

yes it goes over it, but it goes over it for a different bike, cb125 doesn't have the adjuster lol, at least mine doesnt, but when I look up new cables for the bike, none of the oem throttle cables have it either.
so is there a set length I need for the cable, I think ill just get one with a certain length and be done with it

Ricecakedaddy said:
yes it goes over it, but it goes over it for a different bike, cb125 doesn't have the adjuster lol, at least mine doesnt, but when I look up new cables for the bike, none of the oem throttle cables have it either.
so is there a set length I need for the cable, I think ill just get one with a certain length and be done with it
Cable itself isn't adjustable.
Manual goes over it all in detail

there should be two nuts that tighten on a bracket on the carbs. moving the two nuts along the threaded area will in turn tighten and loosen the play in the cable. This picture is for a car, but the concept is the same.

throttle.jpg

Ricecakedaddy said:
shop manual doesnt help in any way to adjust a throttle cable for the cb125, as the cb125 doesn't have a throttle cable adjuster.

You do have an adjuster so shut the fuck up and listen
Adjuster is screwed into carb top
I would also look at the throttle stop screw though, it's probably screwed down tight.
It's on the side of the carb, about halfway up the tubular bit that sticks up (where the adjuster is screwed into top)and was probably 'loose' when you got bike ::)

Seems like his problem is the throttle cable routing, since it's stuck at high RPM's and the RPMs change when you turn the handlebars to the left or the right.

The cable is adjustable, but the routing seems to be off and he should check this first.

Rice cake, remove your tank and look for whatever is causing the bind on the throttle cable. Also, the ferrule on the end of the cables sometimes come loose and the cable doesn't sit right and causes these issues. I've had this happen before. But there might be another cable slack adjuster near were it connects to the throttle grip housing itself
8a480b731bea836e00d6030360461210.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom