kz1000stlefts.jpg

kz1000strights.jpg

kz1000stbackg.jpg

kz1000sttank.jpg

I sent him the link to here.

Holy shit!
kz1000sttank.jpg

Coolest tank ever.

And I'm loving the plate mount too. That'd go right over my shaft drive.

XS650RR said:
Sweet ..... I like !!. Who made up the pipes ??

Hi, I just popped in to see where my pics went... :)

The pipes are stock... I cut about 18" off of them and ground off the stock mounting plates. Then I sandblasted the chrome off, welded in a small baffle (it sounded awesome open) for a little backpressure and toning it down a little since I tend to do alot of riding as well as cross-state stuff.

Oh yea, they're painted with grill paint.

Cheers!
Claude

congrats! very sharp 8)

i never thought a kawasaki could match the 1970s sohc hondas for a UJM brit bike cafe, but you've proven me wrong. :p

one question if i might........is the tank painted or au natural?

again, congrats on a job well done. you should tell your family what a brilliant job you did!!! ;D

duncan said:
congrats! very sharp 8)

i never thought a kawasaki could match the 1970s sohc hondas for a UJM brit bike cafe, but you've proven me wrong. :p

one question if i might........is the tank painted or au natural?

again, congrats on a job well done. you should tell your family what a brilliant job you did!!! ;D

It's been cut along the bottom edge to give more of the "manx" look, the stock square flip cap and filler neck were cut out and replaced with a Harley unit and the color is powder coat.
Thanks for the kudos... I built it because it was available and cheap... kinda lucked out on how it came out and lotsa good people helped me with it.

I love it though...

kzromey said:
good god that's beautiful! awesome work! where are the gauges from?

Gottem from "Old Bike Barn" ... they work well. Look cool as heck at night with the white faces.

Please tell me more about the seat pan / tailpiece..

I am trying to decide what to do with my own KZ1000, a P-series, and this looks pretty close to what I want.

butterflymethane said:
awesome looking bike. Who did you tank???
SWEET!

I did.

tankcutting-1.jpg

tankbike.jpg

I've got a buddy that runs a fab shop... we built it in the shop basement over the winter months.

Very nice - so the bits you cut off the tank were just cosmetic flaps? Looks awesome like you've got it. Did someone machine the gauge bracket for you? Nice way to cover the old handlebar clamps and clean up the top end at the same time.

I give up, where did you hide the battery? If you used a smaller one what did you use?

Tintin said:
Very nice - so the bits you cut off the tank were just cosmetic flaps? Looks awesome like you've got it. Did someone machine the gauge bracket for you? Nice way to cover the old handlebar clamps and clean up the top end at the same time.

Thanks,
I actually cut off the bottom bottom of the tank as well as the cosmetic side flaps... I drew up the guage mount on my handy dandy computer based on a paper template I had created and we water-jet cut and bent it in a press there at the shop.

DrJ said:
I give up, where did you hide the battery? If you used a smaller one what did you use?

Battery is a small sealed unit from a Yamaha R6... it laying on it's side under the seat in the aluminum tray the you see there (with all the other electrical stuff).

So the stock R6 battery is a small sealed unit? I'm on the hunt for something similar for my XS650 project. Will check that out.

Tintin said:
So the stock R6 battery is a small sealed unit? I'm on the hunt for something similar for my XS650 project. Will check that out.

Yea, they're kinda 'spensive ($120us) I lucked out and got one from a buddy of mine that had purchased a replacement for his R6 and his old one was still good... free is good.

Back
Top Bottom