DTT central valley CA

Triumphant Bastard said:
Been doing all my own work, the things I don't know with some supervision in hope of learning. I have to admit I didn't have the desire to wrench at all when I was younger and as a result I'm trying to learn now.
KZ 650 is a sick bike, a good friend of mine had a '78 Kz 650sr. Thing was a blast to ride, here is a little vid of me taking a test ride around my neighborhood.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBZmIoc6OJk
Sorry I know it's all speedo and tach.

That's awesome I'm trying to do everything myself with the help of my pops
With some success
Just trying to jet the darn thing has been a nightmare Hahaha its pretty much stock right now but within the next month or so I hope to have it done
Right now I'm trying to find someone or a shop that'll help me out but its not that popular of a thing down here
I'm hoping to establish a group that can wrentch around together and promote progress and push others and help because one taking it in is rediculous expensive and 2 there's no fun in it
I've read up on the internet about bike "communes" or "kitchens" and I'd like to start something like that around here if the scene picked up

Greetings all. I am in Lodi which seems to be little north of most of you. I am presently building a café CB125 with a 200 motor. I need a disc brake set up and poss. seat to move forward. Any ideas out there. Greg

Hell this is my first post on this site. I am from Visalia but work in Exeter. I don't have a project bike yet. I am trying to finish my e30 bmw so I can clear out the shop for a bike.

First time posting. In Taft 30 min west of Bakersfield. I have a 1981 seca 750 did a little work to. Paint, bars, four into one, k&n pod filters and street fighter style headlight. Now changing a few things, custom wiring harness (x out all the electronics) and cafe bars. Would like to get together with u guys and ride.

soem0 said:
Hell this is my first post on this site. I am from Visalia but work in Exeter. I don't have a project bike yet. I am trying to finish my e30 bmw so I can clear out the shop for a bike.

if your looking for a project bike i have a cl350 thats a total basket case that ive begun restoring hahaha

inlinefever said:
First time posting. In Taft 30 min west of Bakersfield. I have a 1981 seca 750 did a little work to. Paint, bars, four into one, k&n pod filters and street fighter style headlight. Now changing a few things, custom wiring harness (x out all the electronics) and cafe bars. Would like to get together with u guys and ride.

im a little bit past visalia
i was thinking about riding that way soon
im replacing my pet cock and stuff tommorow
i have a pretty much stock 81 kz650 csr that i was going to cafe but ive decided to bob because im doing a trip out to AZ in october i also have a cl350 that im going to cafe
id be down to ride soon do you know of any nice rides out that way or in between?

first time mods

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    663 KB · Views: 285
Anybody in the area know how to jet/do carb tuning I want to install my pod filters and change my exhaust up but I can't afford to do it in a shop
I'm willing to pay and help with the process

jbalet666 said:
if your looking for a project bike i have a cl350 thats a total basket case that ive begun restoring hahaha

Thanks for the offer but I am not quite ready for the project yet. I need to wrap up this e30. Besides at 6'3" the cl350 is a bit on the small size for me. 8)

soem0 said:
Thanks for the offer but I am not quite ready for the project yet. I need to wrap up this e30. Besides at 6'3" the cl350 is a bit on the small size for me. 8)

hahaha yeah it was just sitting in my barn so i said wth why not try to fix it up
so i casualy work on it from time to time
would probably be more of a pit bike/moped for you though hahaha

So what's been going on with these projects that most of all of us have my wiring just about done but I did start it last Saturday runs good. Lets hear it guys keep us up to date and motivated.

inlinefever said:
Jbalet666 have u done the mods yet?

well i planned on it
but
apparently i have to replace my base gasket and float bowl gaskets first hahah
i recently replaced the stock petcock and gas filter and hosing
and now i have a massive gas leak from inside the carbs hahaha
so now instead of pretty stuff going on its gonna be an over haul of the gaskets and whatever else to get it into running shape
but those are the breaks

hows yours coming along
my gramps has a few spare bikes maybe we can get together and have a ride i know there are a few others on the thread ready for a ride before the summers over

Hopefully week or so my buddy the one that's helping me with the wiring only likes to work on it a couple of hours at a time. A little frustrating but I ordered
SS brake lines and found a cafe seat on eBay someone started that fits on a seca so I bought that and going to finsh it.

inlinefever said:
Hopefully week or so my buddy the one that's helping me with the wiring only likes to work on it a couple of hours at a time. A little frustrating but I ordered
SS brake lines and found a cafe seat on eBay someone started that fits on a seca so I bought that and going to finsh it.
yeah i did some re wiring on mine and it gets kinda stressful
took me 20 mins just to get all the wiring correctly in the headlight bucket so that i could get the lens back on and buttoned up hahaha
are you completely redoing the harness?

jbalet666 said:
yeah i did some re wiring on mine and it gets kinda stressful
took me 20 mins just to get all the wiring correctly in the headlight bucket so that i could get the lens back on and buttoned up hahaha
are you completely redoing the harness?

Complete custom wiring harness got rid of all the relays just have what is necessary making it super simple

Back
Top Bottom