Roadtrip to Bonneville Speedweek

Taras

Hey all,
We are going on a 10 day roadtrip starting tomorrow. Rented two Harley Sporters 833 from Eagle Riders in San Fransisco and heading to the Bonneville Saltplains for the Speedweek. Aiming to cover over 2400 Miles in 10 days.

We are going to document the trip and make a short film when we are done. We will also post on instagram so feel free to follow the trip : http://instagram.com/taraskr

If you have any tips or things we just have to see/do along our way give a shout!

Have a look at our route here:

route.png

Peace.

Be sure to look up some buddies of mine at Bonneville, Tri-Mac Speedsters, trying to set a record in the 100cc APS-BG (blown-gasoline class) #476B

DSC_0525.jpg

You flying from NY to San Fran then riding? That's going to be quite a ride!

I'm in Salt Lake City and will be attending a portion of Speedweek, let me know if you need anything here or recommendations. Speedweek is a riot.

Yup, flew from New York and rented the bikes in SF. Drove yesterday via Lake Tahoe and stayed for the night in Reno.

We wanted to go straight from Reno to the Salt Flats today but it was a bit far so we are staying at Elko at the moment. Not the most exciting city in the world.

The Sportsters are pretty good actually, even though I´ve never been a Harley fan. Definitely better than my -72 xl250 in NYC when being on the road like this.

Off to the plains tomorrow morning.

Mike, we´re going to be in LA on the 15-16th.

Here are some photos:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Stay tuned.

Lowbrow Customs after their first record yesterday, they beat that today with a 151.4mph 152.529. Cool group of guys.

Pits and impound area..

I've wanted to do the same thing for years. Have drawn that route on Google Maps a number of times. Keep the pics coming!

I was out there yesterday until my daughter rubbed salt in her eyes. ::)

Think I may be "sick" tomorrow and head back there.

Next year I'm spending the whole week. No exceptions. Such an amazing place to be, especially as the sun rises and sets. If there is a holy land for the motor it is Bonneville Salt Flats..

Back
Top Bottom