USD Fork swap.....what should i make this bushing out of????

A mate made a stainless steel sleeve for me, the lip stops it working its way up through the bearing, it also made it easier to press on. The bearing was then pressed on to the sleeve. I dont see any wear issues with this and it should last just fine, cost was very cheap as well.

Cheers
Steve

Yep used some pipe on the lip to press it on the stem and then the same process to press the bearing on the sleeve. The lip also acts as a spacer so the bearing is raised to the right spot and the lower triple clears the frame.

Cheers
Steve

I like it, but being a belt and suspenders kind of guy, I would of put a drop of strong loctite on the inside of the sleeve, just for insurance.

Funny you should say that, forgot to mention that :) Although I'm not sure how much stayed there.

Cheers
Steve

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

MILLENNIUM FALCON said:
Yeah I meant it...lol. That was the whole delema. No one makes a bearing with the right shaft size with te od I needed. I got it all figured out now.

When you say. "How it was put together" do you mean the forks or the bike?

I traded a guy on CL staright up for a xt parts motor I didn't need. That is why my cost is so low.

Read it again and tell me that's what you meant.

This is exactly what I did. I'm glad it worked out for you. I hope I have similar results.

Steve F said:
A mate made a stainless steel sleeve for me, the lip stops it working its way up through the bearing, it also made it easier to press on. The bearing was then pressed on to the sleeve. I dont see any wear issues with this and it should last just fine, cost was very cheap as well.

Cheers
Steve

I didn't have a chance to take pictures but that looks exactly like my setup. It looks very nice. Thanks for posting.

VonYinzer said:
God, you really are an asshole.

There you go again being the douche you are, not unexpected. When someone says yes but means no WTF do you expect.

o1marc said:
There you go again being the douche you are, not unexpected. When someone says yes but means no WTF do you expect.

All I'm saying, is that you sure do have a real arrogant (read: fucking bullshit) attitude for a guy who can't figure out how many brakelight switches a bike should have.

Nearly every post of yours comes across like complete dickhead, smartass attitude. Maybe they're not supposed to but they do. Then, you go ahead and expect everyone to help you. Weak man. Real weak.

Anyhow, you want to think I'm a douche, feel free. I couldn't fucking care less. But as long as you hang around DTT and fuck with its members, ill hang around and fuck with you. Just kind of how things go around here fella.

So again,

XOXO
Mike

VonYinzer said:
All I'm saying, is that you sure do have a real arrogant (read: fucking bullshit) attitude for a guy who can't figure out how many brakelight switches a bike should have.

Nearly every post of yours comes across like complete dickhead, smartass attitude. Maybe they're not supposed to but they do. Then, you go ahead and expect everyone to help you. Weak man. Real weak.

Anyhow, you want to think I'm a douche, feel free. I couldn't fucking care less. But as long as you hang around DTT and fuck with its members, ill hang around and fuck with you. Just kind of how things go around here fella.

So again,

XOXO
Mike

I merely asked "if you really meant this"? when what he meant was exactly the opposite of what he wrote. If that makes me arrogant, so be it. You on the other hand from what I have seen is offer nothing but negative criticism in just about every post I've seen you make since I joined here and resort to childish name calling. I wasn't trying to "fuck" with the member only tried to make his post more understandable.

VonYinzer said:
Other than when said posts were directed at you, when am I negative towards anyone here?

what does "Anyone on the West coast of the East coast." mean?

I think the point is it was clear to everyone who replied to the op what was meant and we had been discussing it for 2 days before you stepped in looking to clarify what was already pretty clear.

Back
Top Bottom