good day for a Black & Tan... UPDATED with pics from Saluda, NC

Mr.E

Got to keep the loonies on the path...
Here's my first, a 1975 honda cb750k. Took 2 years and a dumptruck load of pocket change and rolled coins, but she's 95% done!! And I say 95% because seriously, are they eve really done? More pics will follow soon, but the weather has been bad so there's only a few that I took while messing with different filters.

The black and tan

2011-03-12_14-15-27_22.jpg

shot_1303942757538.jpg

1303942465271.jpg

Re: good day for a Black & Tan...

I think its sweet! I like that its a 750, w/a pass seat, but still looks sleek, and cafe-ed! Very nice! You wouldn't have a sound clip, wouldja?

No sound clip yet :( but hopefully I can do one this weekend along with more/better pics. Honestly id never thought of doing sound. But I like the noise, I guess it stands to reason others would too :)

Here's some better pix taken at the High Bridge, near Saluda, NC.

SaludaBridge1.jpg

SaludaBridge2.jpg

SaludaBridge4.jpg

SaludaBridge5.jpg

SaludaBridge6.jpg

SaludaBridge7.jpg

SaludaBridge12.jpg

I love the color combonation of the paint and seat. I definately think you achieved your name sake black and tan status for the bike.

Mr.E said:
Here's some better pix taken at the High Bridge, near Saluda, NC.

SaludaBridge1.jpg

SaludaBridge2.jpg

SaludaBridge4.jpg

SaludaBridge5.jpg

SaludaBridge6.jpg

SaludaBridge7.jpg

SaludaBridge12.jpg
I love these images for two reasons.
1) the bike looks great and looks like a lot of fun to ride.
2) I grew up riding my pedal bike across that bridge. I grew up in Hendersonville and would ride down to Saluda quite a bit. There is a trail that runs from that parking lot over to Lake Summit and there is a rope swing we used to hang out at.

Well, its a great looking bike on a great bridge;)
photocodo

Thats the first 2 up tail section i've ever liked. Wow, I really like the colors on your bike, awesome seat.

Wow guys, thanks for.the kinds words. I've been driving around saluda and i26 for years now and always wanted to see the bottom of that gorge, finally got the chance while running errands that day. I had no idea the lake was so close either. Kinda reminds me of a train trestle I used to ride my pedal bike in florida to over the econlahatchee river as a kid. Youth rocks. And thanks for the seat props. Seems people love it or hate it, and im kinda in the middle, but the stich work was free, so yay!

Mr.E said:
Wow guys, thanks for.the kinds words. I've been driving around saluda and i26 for years now and always wanted to see the bottom of that gorge, finally got the chance while running errands that day. I had no idea the lake was so close either. Kinda reminds me of a train trestle I used to ride my pedal bike in florida to over the econlahatchee river as a kid. Youth rocks. And thanks for the seat props. Seems people love it or hate it, and im kinda in the middle, but the stich work was free, so yay!

Yeah, its a great place to ride. Im living in Orlando, FL right now but my wife and I are planning on coming back to Hendersonville in the next few years. I really miss that place

Well orlando is where im originally from, and although I do love living here, I really wanna get my scoot back down to fla. Especially in the umatilla and up a1a from ormond beach to st augustine. Love those areas!

Back
Top Bottom