1982 CB750F...Better Devil

Maritime said:
I was tempted to open those and fondle them before I sent them but resisted. ;D

You've got more resolve than me mate. I'd've had them out the box lickety-split ;D

Thanks again Mike - I'll keep you posted. From what I've read these things really are pretty decent, especially for the money. The build quality looks excellent, but it's about how the rubber meets the road yada yada. Until then, I'm fondling.

Thanks, a first hand report is worth a lot. After riding the Big GS BMW on vacation Jill's been asking if I can get better suspension for the GL LOL

Those at 199.99 US is about top of my budget. I want Hagons but they are like 500 or so and that's almost half the value of the bike.

Maritime said:
Those at 199.99 US is about top of my budget. I want Hagons but they are like 500 or so and that's almost half the value of the bike.
You and me both. I bought Progressive Series 12 shocks for my last CB at around $350 US, thought I'd change things up a bit this time. Once they're installed and I've figured out how to get the best out of them adjustment-wise it'll be interesting to see how they compare. Plus there's a guy here on DTT who rebuilds them to a higher quality spec as well for a very reasonable price - a good option too.

And, did I mention they're pretty? ;)

Need to get some braided steel brake lines ordered. Dime City sells custom lengths of Galfer which would fit the bill, anyone know of any good cheaper options? I'm at about $200 with DCC for the front (two calipers) and rear, that's for the lines and banjos.

Jimbonaut said:
Need to get some braided steel brake lines ordered. Dime City sells custom lengths of Galfer which would fit the bill, anyone know of any good cheaper options? I'm at about $200 with DCC for the front (two calipers) and rear, that's for the lines and banjos.

HEL is where I always order my hydraulic brake lines. Excellent quality and fit.
http://www.helperformance.us/

Jimbonaut said:

I ordered Russell brake line and fittings from Summit Racing and made my own on the 360. Cost me around $35-40 for a 27" front brake line with fittings and banjo bolts.

Instead of banjo bolts, I run 3AN fittings in the calipers and MC, then measure the right length and find a Russell or Earls line to match. They come in most lengths in inch increments.

Great, cheers. All good info, Summit Racing seems to have a pretty good selection. If I end up making these things myself, would it simply be a matter of choosing the right length line and banjos? Do the banjos simply screw in to the 3AN female threads on the end of the brake line?

I'm looking at something like this for the line -

https://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/rus-656022

and this for the banjo -

https://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/rus-r4056c

That's it, that's all?

Jimbonaut said:
Great, cheers. All good info, Summit Racing seems to have a pretty good selection. If I end up making these things myself, would it simply be a matter of choosing the right length line and banjos? Do the banjos simply screw in to the 3AN female threads on the end of the brake line?

I'm looking at something like this for the line -

https://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/rus-656022

and this for the banjo -

https://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/rus-r4056c

That's it, that's all?

Pretty much. You can either get the -3AN to banjo fittings or -3AN to 3AN that screw directly into the caliper/MC without using banjos and crush washers. Totally up to you. I like to use a banjo at the MC and the 3AN at the caliper, but thats just personal preference. They also make the fittings in various angles for different setups.

I got a gaffer or galfer kit for around 50 us I think that was a double banjo and eliminated the front splitter for the gl. Be very similar for cb. Ill look it up and see I may be misremembering a bit

Is eliminating the front splitter is a good idea Mike? I may well go that route too if yes. The Galfer set up I saw on Dime City was going to run me two bills US in total - three lines up front and one for the rear (including all the banjos).

I like this dude, the Romaniac. Think I might build myself one of these...

. https://youtu.be/mpJTTO8X0qs

Jimbonaut said:
Is eliminating the front splitter is a good idea Mike? I may well go that route too if yes. The Galfer set up I saw on Dime City was going to run me two bills US in total - three lines up front and one for the rear (including all the banjos).
Yeah makes bleeding way easier and jisr cleans the front up

This is how my chopper is set up on the back brake. With 3AN fittings. I always run a splitter on dual calipers, because they keep the pressure balanced.

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Attachments

• IMG_3393.JPG
    IMG_3393.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 175
  • IMG_3392.JPG
    IMG_3392.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 180
Ok cool, I'm not familiar with the 3AN-bolt-directly-into-the-caliper method, I thought it was banjos or bust. Good to know. Are there any advantages to the 3AN system over banjos?

Jimbonaut said:
Ok cool, I'm not familiar with the 3AN-bolt-directly-into-the-caliper method, I thought it was banjos or bust. Good to know. Are there any advantages to the 3AN system over banjos?

You eliminate the need for banjos and crush washers, so I guess there's less chances for a leak?

Well I'll be dipped in shit. Only ordered these mid last week from Japan and they just showed up now -

uarVni3.jpg

Gotta love the Nihonjin. They look great, quality looks top notch and, for the money ($150 for the 823cc overbore set including rings, wrist pins, clips and head gasket) no complaints whatsoever. Ordered two more sets for a friend, and no taxes at the border. Damn, happy days.

Back
Top Bottom