XV920 build or affectionately Super Advanced Life-Threatening Lego (Y)Project

another update:

got bushings made to replace the bearings in the XV frame...
it center the wheel pretty well, and either side of the swingarm is 'proud' to the profile of the bike. I was kind of looking forward to using the stock VTR rear sets, but they wont work for a number of reason which are not important

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    185.2 KB · Views: 754
  • photo 5.JPG
    photo 5.JPG
    236.4 KB · Views: 358
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    189.7 KB · Views: 766
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    238.2 KB · Views: 268
yes, I know that rear set 'doesn't look right'. its just there as a spacer for the swingarm bolt.

the problem I have now, is I have no idea at what angle to locate the dog-link, or what angle to orient the lower shock link.

if anyone reading this has some insight other than "put it where-ever and see if it works" holla at me... please

tomorrow afternoon, Im meeting up with a friend who has an 01 VTR and im going to take some angle/distance measurements of these parts in their stock formation.

what I'm thinking is going to happen is I am going to duplicate the angles of the lower shock link, the shock and the dog link unless someone else has a better idea.

I like what your doing, looking good.

It would be a good idea to replicate or even use the lower shock plates from the VT, the triangulation and shock characteristics are matched so it should work well without having to have it revalved.

Wooo! an update! got the dog-link angle figured out, fabed and tacked in place. Had several very illuminating discussions, and a few weeks with an AutoDesk iPhone app called ForceEffect Motion that will animate linkages... and stuff.

Also started cutting the frame for the shock, which continues to be interesting. The shock is off-set to the left side of the swingarm, and the frame was off-set in the same area for the battery, so there's not much to cut out, but theres also no easy way to add it back in either. what gets removed and how/where it is replaced, will be very, very interesting both from a design, engineering and fabrication perspective.

Attachments

• photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    367.6 KB · Views: 276
  • photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    402.6 KB · Views: 287
Back
Top Bottom