Father Son 75 CB200T Rise From the Ruins

nope didn't get the email...did you PM me? either way $96 bux is money I don't have...i'm attempting to wrap up my SR build with less than that so far i've gotten it done with trades on craigslist

We have decided on Rick Perreault Clip Ons. Just gonna decide what offset we are gonna get.

Attachments

• Perreault_30-34Clipons-1.jpg
    Perreault_30-34Clipons-1.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 1,499
TGIF we are about to mount some gazelles...yep we are from Texas! Make sure you mount them in the correct direction. They are only rated for 90 mph but got great reviews and the price was amazing. One of the things I thought was cool was the aesthetics with the front pattern going one direction and the back going another. I had a pair of tires similar when I raced BMX. The do require tubes.
2.75-18 front
3.00-18 rear

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 375
Our first set of tires

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 1,234
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 409
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 1,284
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 402
Week number four: we got the CB200 shop manual and disassembled the head and removed the pistons. We removed the wiring harness, forks, brakes, battery box, and kick stand. We are trying to new locate pistons, rings, valves, timing chain, etc. Since part of the rings are at the bottom of the crankcase we are moving forward with boring the cylinder to .75 or 1.0 depending on what we find for the most reasonable price. We decided since we are bigger guys that we needed a longer offset for our clip ons. Perreault Performance. We are gonna try a Glass From the Past Seat with modifications. We are going to reduce the pan length by 2 inches and we think the upholstery will look good with the ribbing on the tank.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 1,497
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 1,484
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 1,411
MotorbikeBruno said:
I like how you have it all planned out! I usually make it up as I go... :eek: This thing is going to be cool!
My son has a vision. He wants to make a carbon fiber front fender like mine ...we may use black glass fiber cloth instead. He wants a scrambler exhaust but we may do carbon fiber velocity stacks on the carbs. He wants the engine blacked out. The color scheme is still evolving. If he decides to powdercoat the frame black I am thinking about doing separate tank, seat, exhaust, wheels...so he could swap out to match my bike.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 439
Nice build! We've got a pretty active group here in Dallas. Most posts are on our facebook group, though. Check it out - https://www.facebook.com/groups/197348706998649/

66replica said:
Nice build! We've got a pretty active group here in Dallas. Most posts are on our facebook group, though. Check it out - https://www.facebook.com/groups/197348706998649/
Thank you for the invite!

Well our plan for our engine is unfolding. Give Les a call at Vintage Advantage for a racing timing chain. Since our name is Dutch it only seemed fitting to get our pistons, rings, etc. from CSMsnl in the Netherlands (and that was the only reliable source) We did pick up 2 sets of rings just in case and since we are good at shooting retaining rings across the shed we bought 8 instead of 4. We got some valves off off eBay but if they aren't to spec we will look at Kibblewhite. Havent heard back yet on racing spring availability. Definitely gonna get Viton valve seals. Anybody happy with one MFG over another? Head is true, cam and rocker arms look good. Gonna bore.75 over. We are checking. Wear tolerances on the rest of the parts. We ordered our seat from Glass From The Past and Perreault Performance has been commissioned to do the offset clipons. We are waiting on rear set selection till we get our bars in. Soda blasting.com is located in big D so we have a field trip planned to see them.

Nickel89 said:
CMSNL really has everything :)

As a Dutchy myself, what Dutch name do you have? Just curious ;)
Because of ordering from Cmsnl we learned about our anthem and coat of arms! The coat of arms of Zeeland shows a lion half-emerged from water, and the text "luctor et emergo" (Latin for "I struggle and I emerge"). A perfect motto!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 1,528
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 1,520
Back
Top Bottom