wot could you do with this ???

intrudin

Coast to Coast
Honda FT500 Ascott this is a thumper went for spin on one sounds great! its nice and light handles good thinkin of picking one up 1982 for $400.Canadian any one got any info on these ;D ;D

Attachments

• RFFTa.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 221
intrudin said:
Honda FT500 Ascott this is a thumper went for spin on one sounds great! its nice and light handles good thinkin of picking one up 1982 for $400.Canadian any one got any info on these ;D ;D

you dirty fink.... me want.

I'd make it into some super-motard type of thing... make it as light as possible, spoked wheels, dirtbike front end.... yeah...

If you don't want, me take ;D

prime street tracker candidate surely
http://sideburnmag.blogspot.com/2008/12/started-life-as-honda-ft500.html

Honda's equivalent to the SR500 but lacks a kickstart. There was one available in Toronto recently for about $1000.

DrJ said:
Honda's equivalent to the SR500 but lacks a kickstart. There was one available in Toronto recently for about $1000.
apparantly there is a kickstart conversion.?????? the starter is the weak point

Druro said:
...make it as light as possible, spoked wheels, dirtbike front end...

Would spoked wheels really be lighter than those? Either way I think they look cool. Weird front end on that thing.

I almost bought one of those for $500 american, but the next day I found my cb750 for the same price so the choice was easy for me. But I always thought that a unique cafe could be made from one.

Eventually you can remove the ugly from them.

ft500_5.jpg

ft500_manxtank.jpg

So i picked up the bike to-nite ;D I didnt buy :D it My daughter did ...Maybe she will give me the parts bike :-\ It runs and start s fine needs nothing to cert..she thinks deff flat tracker look.. hers a pick of the bike we got the parts bike is missing the motor, but still a rolling frame she will posting in the Big arse projects soon

Attachments

• DSC00099.JPG
    152.8 KB · Views: 182
  • DSC00100.JPG
    145.1 KB · Views: 166
Apparently the XR/XL650 engine can be fitted up with little drama and a boatload more oomph.
I'm kinda jealous man, nice find!

awesome bike! lots of possibilities with it, i hope you'll post pics as it progresses

Back
Top Bottom