CompleteHavoc - '73 CL175 Brat/Tracker

Is there not a screw in the bottom holding the upper assembly to the bottom assembly? If that is taken out, then you just push them together and pull them apart really fast and they'll come undone.

:eek: duh... a screw, that simple... found it, now i just need an impact driver cuz that is just not coming loose...

The tires are golden boys, i really loved the look and they got good,reviews.

Awesome. I was hoping I wasn't going to come off as an asshole on that one... :eek:

Impact drivers are your best friend in this case! And long Allen bits. Glad you found it.

Back on the Tracker project now that the Summer line-up for Complete Havoc is done.

I receive my Black uni filters, and Lab Metal - the Dime City stuff should be here by the end of the week.

I am changing plans a little, as I will be powder coating the frame, so I need to smooth things out on the frame a little more. I'll also be powder coating the hubs and rims (but not the spokes). I'm going to be staying with a black though I am debating on doing the bike in matte.

I'll have some parts pics later in the week.

Anyone have some matte cafe/tracker photos they can share to give me an idea of the effect.

Back to work... once the weather starts getting nice I have a habit of wanting to ride instead of working on projects. This was not helped by adding a Banshee to the stable... allowing me to ride something year round ;)

I have the frame painted - just too much body work to screw with the lab metal to powder coat. The new bars are being drilled, the wheels are complete and I did get one of the fork seals out thanks to a bottle of tequila (in the fork, not in me) The other fork seal will be out soon as I put the screw back in the bottom, fill with Tequila and compress until it pops!

I have a small battery I hope to hell works as I already welded in the mount under the seat, read somewhere about the small APC batteries working, and ordered what the write-up talked about... we'll see soon I hope.

Swing arm will get mounted tonight, and I'll send a pic.

Damn... flickr wiped out most the images on this... figures - time to just use instagram I guess...

0a04a950d25511e2bdd322000a1fa8d7_7.jpg

This is the general mock-up. The brake light is my old 2003 harley turn signal mounted to the factory front fender by way of the front brake cable hole.

Like the look of this fender mounted here, need to weld it on to the factory bracket from the rear fender still.

All Balls tapered steering bearings, fr. and Rr. wheels bearings installed.

The rear fender has been welded to the bracket. The risers are sanded and left a little rough. I also got the rear wheel mounted... Looks like it might be time to move this project out of the basement and back into the garge before its too heavy to move.

Wife had training class with the pup today, so I had time without interruptions to work on the bike... not long, but it helped with the progress.

Bike moved back to the garage, motor installed along with the exhaust.

Discovered the throttle cable I bought isn't the right one :( the carb side is not threaded and its 6" too long. Hope the brake and clutch are right... need to find a gray throttle cable now.

Over all happy with the look, not sure if the seat will be black or tan... really leaning to the tan at this point, but with the black exhaust who knows...

21ca2e00d89711e2b95622000a9e01c5_7.jpg

Its coming along really well. Why aren't you leaving the exhaust chrome. A blue tank and tan seat would look really nice.

Sorry, the part that is chrome will stay, the black pipes were chrome at one time but were seriously beat up. I had to pull a few dents to get them where they are now, so I painted them black (now the black is scratched of course).

I might leave the tank like it is, or strip it all the way down - but other then a coat of matte clear I don't think I'll be painting it (trying to keep the cost down, and my painting skills suck really bad).

yea the badge area erks me a bit... debating on putting the badge back on or have a waterjeted badge made from a buddy of mine... the waterjet would require me to weld or glue some new mounting pins and I'm just not the best at welding thin metal with my little lincoln mig.

I need to find a good photo of the cable routing. I have new cables that are a tad longer then the stock from Honda (3" longer) and think I can run them under the tank and hide a little in the backbone cavity.

CompleteHavoc said:
yea the badge area erks me a bit... debating on putting the badge back on or have a waterjeted badge made from a buddy of mine... the waterjet would require me to weld or glue some new mounting pins and I'm just not the best at welding thin metal with my little lincoln mig.

If you're going to weld it without having to worry about blowing through then use a tig. But I'd bondo it. Paint that dude!

Back
Top Bottom