Took the gold wing out for a spin

troybilt

Over 1,000 Posts
DTT SUPPORTER
DTT BOTM WINNER
Hit some local roads I've never been on. The first part is a small section of my drive. Then onto some single lane that turned out to be extremely rough, not that many of our roads are smooth lol. The new suspension handled it well IMHO, and I have to thank Doug Kiggins for the help!! I hope to return soon and get the route dialed in. Anyhow the video is a bit choppy. I recorded it at 60 fps and from what I've read it's about 80% of speed. Then my video software took it to 30 fps but I don't know what effect it had. Any video editing software suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Anyhow, Seven Minutes :05
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaoIGSJABIM

The bike for those who haven't seen it:

Video is usually shot/viewed at 30 frames per second (or 29.97 fps which is broadcast "drop frame")
Setting up your GoPro at higher than that is generally used if you plan to show slow motion.

If you use a decent editing program like Adobe Premier Pro or Apple Final Cut pro you can control the frame rate within a clip and then export to a new file.

I run a multimedia lab here at UNC Chapel Hill, so I can tell you WAAAAY more than you ever want to know about this stuff.

Cheers!

Wow Troy, makes mine look soooo sad right now. LOL. Nice ride, love the vid. If I can squeeze the pocket book this winter my girl will have some of the same upgrades after I fix the blown head gaskets etc.

Boz thank you so much for that bit of info. Very helpful! What might be the reason for the video to be so choppy, for lack of a better term, sort of like a bunch of photos put together?

Maritime make sure to get in touch with Doug. He can give you some good pointers. You will be blown away by what proper springs and valving, brakes and tires will do. If I had to choose I would take that over hp mods any day.

Thanks Troy, these bikes have enough go, you are correct that they lack in susp and brakes to match the go. I got the tires covered, on my second set of the same shoes yours is wearing. Way better than the crappy dunlop K404's it had when I got it. I want to put a more modern front to get the new stoppers and I think a set of either progressive or hagon rear shocks, but all depends on funds over the winter, there is still stuff we need for the house etc, that always comes first.

troybilt said:
You will be blown away by what proper springs and valving, brakes and tires will do. If I had to choose I would take that over hp mods any day.

I wish more people had this train of thought! Its so much more important to upgrade these things before you add HP...

Very nice looking wing, sir. I enjoyed the video too.

And yes, upgrading the suspension on an older wing is a great upgrade. I made a monoshock setup on mine, and you wouldn't believe how amazing it handles now. I can push her down into the corners as hard as my little GB400.

These bikes are so much damn fun. Putting a 1200 into it this winter (from 1000), and starting a new goldwing project in the near future as well. Awesome bikes.

Where are you located?

mine:
dw-tent.jpg

dw-lake.jpg

dw-seat.jpg

dw-rear.JPG

Back
Top Bottom