set of steely restoration

JRK5892

Over 1,000 Posts
Well we are doing a steely restore today for a customer
figured i would post up
Blasted:
2141bhe.jpg

Zinc rich primer to create zinc coating as rust inhibitor and additional layer of durability, we do this on all steel wheels, etc
125perm.jpg

we have developed a technique for wheels that involves cross linking two coats of the final color. This allows for all the advantages of two coat film thickness without any of the orange peel or other imperfections typical of two coats. Coverage is 100% even, zero thin spots in nooks and crevices, which greatly enhances both appearance and durability, and also smoothes out and hides cast finishes completely.

j5i7ig.jpg

here is the merc they are going on
index.php

Please tell me he is chopping the top of that sled! I love when they are long and low! not really low rider style though!

Wheels look great!

ooh ya! chopped and sectioned... he is one of the 1/2 fast guys here in chicago, they build some WILD stuff... an all around great group and good people to hand with!

Guys, I believe that's a pre-1955 chevy not a Merc and it came with the 215ci "stovebolt" inline 6. The wheels look very nice!

Terry
J'ville, Fl.

i have to ask him when i see him, but you may be right. in fact i am pretty sure you are. the 54 mercs did not have a seperation on the window (passanger/rear) this does
also that rear fender trim is spot on for a 54 chevy, the mercs where higher and had some under on the front part of it...

Back
Top Bottom