Cafe Racers of the future full of air?

Wow Holiday, great article. It would be interesting to see these in production.

What will these crazy kids come up with next?

ha, i sat in one one of the first lectures those guys had last year. I didn't know they actually ended up with a mockup. The idea was to build a motorbike to use a compressed air engine designed by an australian inventor and use it to set a land speed record in its class (i guess there isn't really a class for it so it would be pretty simple)

That is great! I love everything about it. thats the sort of genius engineering the world needs. I love the old loud fast bikes, and would never give mine up, but if one of these could be built for the street id be first in line.

I herd of a car that ran on compressed air a few years ago. But will Big Oil keep the concept off the roads? Like how we were making electric cars in Quebec and selling them overseas but for some reason couldn't get the Ministry of Trans to legalize them for our own country. As far as the compressed air bike if they can get it so that it can re-compress air on it's own or by small portable unit via solar panel well...Hell you could tour the country for next to nothin.

Reminds me in a roundabout way of the upcoming six-stroke technology. Essentially its a four-stroke with an extra two strokes tacked onto the end of the cycle. After the exhaust you have an intake phase with a charge of air only. This air cools the bore and expands before being expelled in the upward stroke. As it travels along the exhaust it combines with nasty combustion products like cabon monoxide and so on, reducing their effect. This 'air phase' is also dubbed to be able to reduce the size of cooling systems by 20%, thus making modern engines lighter and less polluting, due to the aforementioned air effects, whilst retaining 95% or their power under initial trials.

Cheers - boingk

Back
Top Bottom