For my warm weather brothers...

troybilt

Over 1,000 Posts
DTT SUPPORTER
DTT BOTM WINNER
I spent 4.5 hours yesterday and five hours today plowing. I just wanted to show my southern brothers what they are missing.
Any of my cold weather brothers like to shovel or plow snow?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEwElzK9qB4

damn, how much snow did you guys get? looks like 28-36 inches anyways. we got 2 feet the other day and its already melted lol.

It's looking about the same here in Nebraska. I've run out of room to shovel snow. It's up to about 5' on either side of the end of my driveway and 2'+ on either side of the rest of it. :'(

Thats crazy stuff man. Down here it snows once in a blue moon (coincidentally theres supposed to be a blue moon on NYE) and never more than a few inches. Afternoon summer hailstorms are more our go haha, remember those from university last year - we'd all see it hailing and then run out and go jump in the pool! Good times.

Anyway great video, and the music just made my day. Kinda weird seeing all that snow when down here we're pushing (or exceeding) 100'F some days.

Cheers - boingk

I've got 6" in the parking lot at the moment and it's coming down pretty good. This is Oregon...s'posed to be rain..........f*ckers........ hehe

Swagger said:
I've got 6" in the parking lot at the moment and it's coming down pretty good. This is Oregon...s'posed to be rain..........f*ckers........ hehe
That's what she said. Whatever that means ::). (Sorry, i'm an Office freak)
Anyhow, I think Noahdog has us beat. We had about 2 days of rain not too long ago and a good bit melted. I'm not sure how much we have now but its a respectable amount. It does get interesting here because my driveway is lower than the fields and the wind drifts it full real quick. Two inches of snow means 2' in the drive and my drive is over 2000'. There are times that I've been on the tractor for 6.5 hours straight.

Hey boingk glad you liked the video. Do you get severe weather with those hail storms? Blue moon on NYE is cool!

troybilt said:
Any of my cold weather brothers like to shovel or plow snow?

Couple years ago when I lived in an apartment we got a dump of snow while I was at work all night. Finished up at 5 am and figured I'd be nice and shovel the 3 sidewalks for all my neighbors but had to use a shovel that was sitting outside. Little did I know that the owner was retentive about anybody touching his stuff. Dude actually yelled at me for using his shovel to do HIS sidewalk!

Got my own shovel and just did the 2 sidewalks after that.

thanks bud. That music kind of reminded me of Pink Floyd for some reason. That's not why I used it, I just thought it was pretty cool. I do need to give credit to the artist though. That is a great idea. I wish I remembered who did this one. I'll make it a point to start doing that. I do have a new video of my son placing micro chips in the horses. It's pretty cool but the music I used is copy righted and I can't upload it to youtube. Anyhow, I'll go out on a limb here and share one of my son's (and mine) fav group. Not sure if you'll dig what they do but its pretty good chill music. Here: besides Jay lapp (fiddle) reminds me a little bit of Kanticoy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imoXQ8zk7ng&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-KAqEmQoKM&feature=related

Big R said:
Couple years ago when I lived in an apartment we got a dump of snow while I was at work all night. Finished up at 5 am and figured I'd be nice and shovel the 3 sidewalks for all my neighbors but had to use a shovel that was sitting outside. Little did I know that the owner was retentive about anybody touching his stuff. Dude actually yelled at me for using his shovel to do HIS sidewalk!

Got my own shovel and just did the 2 sidewalks after that.

Awesome thing for you to do. Out of all my neighbors only one thanks me for plowing his drive way. He always trys to pay me but i never take it. I know he has no money. I pass his place all the time and see him filling up his 100 gallon fuel oil tank with a five gallon can. He could get heating fuel delivered way cheaper in bulk but 5 gallons must be all he can afford at a time. Its funny to find out the ones who show appreciation.

ha ha ah we got a little over a foot on the ground right now... was out on the sleds (Snowmobiles) yesterday... i started off shoveling when it came down like hell, then would drive to my parents and do thier drive as well (4 car wide 5 car down.. ya big)
well after the 2nd trip of doing that i gave up on trying to get a workout out of it, and busted out the snowblowers... mine is the origial ones my parents got when they got married some 32 years ago... I have rebuilt it twice.. once in small engines when i was a kid, and once last year when i bought my house... needless to say, it sucks... but the price was right, mom and dads is nice, even electric start! on a snowblower... no plowing though... hell my wife had to show me how to run a bob cat... she is a southern missouri girl, does not look like a country girl, but hell can she run a back hoe, cat, and even drive a 18 wheeler... ha ha ha but pick up dog shit... nope

Troy, those guys are great!

Most of our snow is already melted, we get a night or two at a stretch, a couple times a year.
Kinda lame as it only takes a couple inches to shut these weenies down. Hell, our F-ing busses shut down at two inches.......

Cool videos Troy! Let me go on record as saying that I HATE SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Only reason I still live in the Northeast is family. When my company built all the new dorms at Slippery Rock Univ., there was a day a while back where I was in the bottom of an elevator shaft all day (read: no windows...). When it was time to go home I walked out of the building and there was snow up to the doors of my truck. A minimum of 2 ft everywhere. There was none when I went in. Had to sleep in our office trailer, bc they shut down the highways for 5 hours and it was an hour drive (down some awful back roads) home in good weather. Snow makes everything a pain in the ass... You who live without it should thank whoever you pray to everyday.

VonYinzer said:
Cool videos Troy! Let me go on record as saying that I HATE SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Only reason I still live in the Northeast is family. When my company built all the new dorms at Slippery Rock Univ., there was a day a while back where I was in the bottom of an elevator shaft all day (read: no windows...). When it was time to go home I walked out of the building and there was snow up to the doors of my truck. A minimum of 2 ft everywhere. There was none when I went in. Had to sleep in our office trailer, bc they shut down the highways for 5 hours and it was an hour drive (down some awful back roads) home in good weather. Snow makes everything a pain in the ass... You who live without it should thank whoever you pray to everyday.

+1.....although i feel like everyone should experience the snow once to see the bullshit we have to deal with. i live in the north west corner of rhode island (literally 10 minutes from connecticuit and 10 minutes from massachusettes) and we get BOMBED on, we could have 3 feet of snow at my house, then you could drive 30 minutes away and literally there will be 6 inches.

all this hate for snow... i love it! got some sick snowmobiles that just RIP, can get some building time in... as well as take out my jeep for some snow wheeling... my brother an i went last night and tore though a few fields in my truck... i love having it lifted with the light bar, just a beast!

i have to admit that most of my snow hatred comes from the fact that im a huge pussy when it comes to the cold. Im freezing when it drops below 55. I want 80+ all the time.

You boys down south have more snow than what we have up here. We've got 2 maybe 4 inches on the ground. I'm an hour west of Toronto.

Love the editing style of your videos, plus I'm with Mike on knowing what music you're using. I always like to expand my music selection.

Jay

Can't blame you for hating snow Von. It is really tough to deal with unless you are properly dressed and even then it can be a PITA. I actually have grown to love it and the cold. We cross country ski in the back country and my son even goes out camping in the back country during snow storms. I used to winter kayak all the time. The coldest I've kayaked was 22 deg f but that was after it warmed and we had severe ice to deal with. Ice on a river can be very dangerous. You can get shoved up under it and get trapped. After that we made it a rule not to go if there was heavy ice. Although I haven't been for about 4 years because of being too busy, I hope to pick the sport back up some day. Anyhow, I grew up with the stuff (cold/snow) and always wanted to move south. Moved to Fla for 2 years and hated the heat. Moved back here and started doing winter sports. I can't imagine living anywhere else now.

Hey Jay, I'm glad you like the videos and the music. I've had a lot of fun making them. I really wish could use music from my music library. I could sinc the music to the video and I think it would be much better. Anyhow, I can't use my library because it is all copy righted. Instead I have to go on to youtube and pick from their library. Somtimes I can get lucky and get what I want but most of the time I have to wade through until I find something. Here is a new one I did the day my son left (I miss him already) . He put in about 10 hours working with the animals. anyhow it will probably get booted off because of copy right. It has the music of Trent Wagler. The second video is the same but I used music by Laura Shay because it has been cleared by the folks at youtube. I like them both but figure Trent will get the boot. What do you think?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCYv0sjkXrY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9LdNML6oJc

troybilt said:
besides Jay lapp (fiddle) reminds me a little bit of Kanticoy

Wow that guy could be my brother....if he only had a banjo.

Great tunes here. It's funny, we got started with a new group last night. Guitar, banjo, cello and a badass female vocalist, and the musical style is very much like this....folk grass type stuff. Nice find. I love it.

Great tunes Troy! You should check out the band "the weathered road". There from up by me, and play at my buddys bar every so often. Great band...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvqjRgBxSf0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2XKEUhFT7k

Back
Top Bottom