Post a pic of your latest purchase

Rad. I love the two sets of foot pegs. Like it isn't dodgy enough with 1 person on it.

Sav0r said:
I don’t buy bacon anymore. It’s just too easy to make it. I usually do 10lbs at a time

I hear that.

Attachments

• 30716561_10156423691330159_3955808645056299008_o.jpg
    30716561_10156423691330159_3955808645056299008_o.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 158
Just an update on those TCX Drifter boots I bought last week. 500+ kms, a few trails and one biblical downpour and these things are coming up aces. No issues whatsoever, very comfortable, completely waterproof and very well made. Could not be happier.

They will however completely destroy any sunglasses left lying around in the dirt. Went to a festival this weekend - wife left her raybans lying around and I absolutely hooved the things to pieces. Destroyed.

The Jimbonaut said:
Just an update on those TCX Drifter boots I bought last week. 500+ kms, a few trails and one biblical downpour and these things are coming up aces. No issues whatsoever, very comfortable, completely waterproof and very well made. Could not be happier.

They will however completely destroy any sunglasses left lying around in the dirt. Went to a festival this weekend - wife left her raybans lying around and I absolutely hooved the things to pieces. Destroyed.
I ran over my buddy's Raybans with my van in high school. He sent them in for a free new pair. I guess they don't do that anymore?

Hmm, that never even crossed my mind. Gotta be worth a phone call. I'd be thoroughly amazed but it's a funny old world.

They'd better do something right, with all the spam I get from them about their over-priced sunglasses and frames.

They should. I wear Oakleys and after 3 years of owning my last pair, I broke the hinge on one of the arms. They covered the cost of a brand new pair, and I even got to upgrade to polarized since the price of their polarized had gone down since I bought my old ones. Win!

advCo said:
They should. I wear Oakleys and after 3 years of owning my last pair, I broke the hinge on one of the arms. They covered the cost of a brand new pair, and I even got to upgrade to polarized since the price of their polarized had gone down since I bought my old ones. Win!
I wish they still made the M-Frame. I've got a couple frames, and several lenses for them. 11 years in, hopefully I can get another 60 or so out of them.

Finally....it took a month to get it. New waterpump housing for the YZF750R.

Attachments

• yzf_wp_n.jpg
    yzf_wp_n.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 158
That's pretty good for Yamaha, usually takes 6 months to get an oil filter for a new bike

Hurco550 said:
Nice! makin chambers?

Ya gonna give it another shot.
My main problem was getting a proper fit when joining two sections. I could get the smaller diameter stuff pretty much round by wedging in a tapered pipe, but the larger diameter cones would leave me with a big enough gap that i couldn’t weld it without blowing through excessively.

Hopefully this helps

farmer92 said:
Ya gonna give it another shot.
My main problem was getting a proper fit when joining two sections. I could get the smaller diameter stuff pretty much round by wedging in a tapered pipe, but the larger diameter cones would leave me with a big enough gap that i couldn’t weld it without blowing through excessively.

Hopefully this helps

To make the cones, I use two or three large hose clamps to hold the seam closed and then I tack it up without filler. with enough spots welded, I can start to stitch it up with TIG or a really small oxy nozzle. Mainly a 000 size.

teazer said:
To make the cones, I use two or three large hose clamps to hold the seam closed and then I tack it up without filler. with enough spots welded, I can start to stitch it up with TIG or a really small oxy nozzle. Mainly a 000 size.
I just use small vice grips at one end, tack it using O/A and filler and do the same on the other end. Once that's done I put it back over a piece of pipe and hammer it flat. I then back tack every 25 to 30mm and then hammer that flat. Finally I just fillet weld with no filler and then gently hammer that flat.

As long as the cones are the same diameter joining them is just a matter of tacking and working around the cone. A small screwdriver is invaluable in working the shape as you go to keep them together. Once it's all tacked it's just then a matter of fuse welding all the way around.

Back
Top Bottom