the Black Knight, a 400four tale.

Re: Black Knight, A long day

JustinLonghorn said:
Good lord that’s purrdy.

irk miller said:

Thanks guys!!!

Just for fun. I might make a pig tail lead to power the coils w the jump box and see if she will fire up tomorrow.

I already got her static timed. So....no reason not to at least try. ;D

We'll see how that goes. I'd really, REALLY like to hear it.

Holey she it. that's clean.

Bugger it. Now I feel all dirty. My bike needs to be torn down and started again. :-(

BTW, what are those funny bits on the right end of the crank? Haven't seen a set of points in quite a while.

That motor looks amazing.

teazer said:
BTW, what are those funny bits on the right end of the crank?

Haha Thanks dude, my buddies almost had me talked into Dyna. Then I saw the price tag. Nope.

Not when I already have the fresh points and coils bought and paid for. ;D

Sooo clean! Will you build my rat bike for me?
Seriously man it looks amazing!

Re: Black Knight...LIVES!!!!

1fasgsxr said:
Sooo clean! Will you build my rat bike for me?
Seriously man it looks amazing!

Ha Thanks but no. ;)

Here it is first fire caught on video!!!

The wire harness is laying in a heap on the garage floor.

I just ran a hot to the coils and neg to engine bolt from that battery, gave her about 10 kicks.

Im gonna set up Supertrapp and have my favorite camera gal make another video here shortly.

https://youtu.be/XW9aDBZeJzA

Maybe you should keep that wiring harness in a heap on the floor and make your own simplified version. ;) Very excited for you, homeboy.

Maritime said:
Wow, excellent.

irk miller said:
Maybe you should keep that wiring harness in a heap on the floor and make your own simplified version. ;) Very excited for you, homeboy.

Thankyou, and been there done that. Either way it sucks just as much to make new as to clean up the original. ;)

Re: Black Knight...SUPERTRAPP!!!!

Looks good & sounds good. Wheels and motor are so clean that the frame now needs a powdercoat to match!

sounds mint! whats that white Powder you were using on the bolts? some kind of oldschool threadlocker?

LMCol said:
sounds mint! whats that white Powder you were using on the bolts? some kind of oldschool threadlocker?

Thanks bud, It looks powdery in the pic but actually thread sealant w chunks of Teflon.
so not locktite or Antiseize. Just to prevent SS from galling w the Aluminum.

Re: Black Knight, Black GOLD!!!

trek97 said:
More importantly, If you dont have a set of these valve tools. GET THEM.

Actually making the task a pleasure. 8)

11494-171118192404-46791523.jpeg

What brand is that? I like it. I could use one.

Re: Black Knight, Black GOLD!!!

hooligan998 said:
What brand is that? I like it. I could use one.

Bike master...They could've made them 1/2 inch deeper and slightly smaller diameter (Ill put it on the bench grinder for next time).

Even still they are perfectly awesome.

https://www.amazon.com/BikeMaster-Valve-Clearance-Adjustable-Wrenches/dp/B0036GGDLA/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1542627922&sr=8-10&keywords=valve+tool+set

Man, that Supertrapp sounds glorious. I might need to run one of those on the 550 chop.

JustinLonghorn said:
Man, that Supertrapp sounds glorious. I might need to run one of those on the 550 chop.

Ebay my love, Ebay.

That sounds so smoooooth. With all of the work in it, it should, right?

Does the Teflon paste really work? At work, we had a lot of SS 1/4" NPT fittings into aluminum castings that had been "sealed" with teflon tape. They carried helium, and all leaked. When pulled apart to repair, they had all galled and ripped aluminum threads out with them. Luckily they were shallow enough to be retapped and sealed with blue refrigerant sealant (LeakLok). Of course, NPT threads have a lot of pressure on them. On SS into aluminum bolts, I've been using a product called NeoLube - collodial suspension of graphite in isopropyl alcohol. When the alcohol evaporates, it's like graphite plating. Fantastic for SS to SS at really high temps, and so far has worked for me on SS in aluminum. You MUST use lock washers, however! (And reduce torque, as it is very slick and easy to draw threads right out.)

pidjones said:
That sounds so smoooooth. With all of the work in it, it should, right?

Does the Teflon paste really work? At work, we had a lot of SS 1/4" NPT fittings into aluminum castings that had been "sealed" with teflon tape. They carried helium, and all leaked. When pulled apart to repair, they had all galled and ripped aluminum threads out with them. Luckily they were shallow enough to be retapped and sealed with blue refrigerant sealant (LeakLok). Of course, NPT threads have a lot of pressure on them. On SS into aluminum bolts, I've been using a product called NeoLube - collodial suspension of graphite in isopropyl alcohol. When the alcohol evaporates, it's like graphite plating. Fantastic for SS to SS at really high temps, and so far has worked for me on SS in aluminum. You MUST use lock washers, however! (And reduce torque, as it is very slick and easy to draw threads right out.)

Thanks bud, and yes it works really well for me in the applications I use it. Aluminum bodied Hydraulic elevator control valves. ( We already have it on the job because we use it on the black pipe threads in hydraulic piping). So it just made sense to me to use it in this application. I don’t recall the numbers off the top of my head but it does have a higher heat tolerance than anti seize. And I’m not gonna use locktite on engine cover bolts. I’ve been using it on the bikes since the beginning and everything always comes apart as though I just assembled. And yes always use it the minimum lubricated fastener torque value.

And there’s enough in this $12 can to do like 100 bikes.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000BPOOXI/ref=sxbs_sxwds-stvpv2_1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=6375e697-f226-4dbd-a63a-5ec697811ee1&pd_rd_wg=BlAlp&pf_rd_r=K01YY5QP8TBMJ6MCJYR2&pf_rd_s=desktop-sx-bottom-slot&pf_rd_t=301&pd_rd_i=B000BPOOXI&pd_rd_w=8MRP8&pf_rd_i=teflon+paste+thread+sealant+real+tuff&pd_rd_r=b049e17f-f965-441c-8992-da63cc82b0c6&ie=UTF8&qid=1542650957&sr=1

Back
Top Bottom