1980 Honda CM400A (first bike/build)

dp_ice

Hello everyone, new member checking in. I recently got my first bike, a 1980 Honda CM400A, and have been wanting to make some changes to it. This was what the bike looked when I first rode it home:

Pt2lAdrl.jpg

The previous owner had kept in really nice shape and well maintained. He also did a nice flat black paint job on it. Also, let me preface this by saying that I am far from handy and have no experience working on bikes. However, with this bike I hope to learn a thing or two and become a little more skilled.

The first thing that I did was take the leather saddles off. They were nice, but I didn't have a need for them with the riding that I was doing.

wbm832Dl.jpg

After taking those off and cleaning it up a little bit, I did an impromptu shoot with my roommate.

vt9Qg3Il.jpg

(my tire pressure has since been taken care of)

Now I love the clean look of this bike and the condition that it was in, but something inside me really wanted to make this bike look mean. So I decided that I was going to do some cafe inspired work to it!

After browsing these forums I became really inspired and excited to get to work! I figured that the easiest place to start was with the rims. After applying some plasti-dip, the current state of my bike is below

uV25m3Cl.jpg

Now, I've only had this bike for a short while and I've still got plenty left to do. My list thus far includes;
  • new handlebars and mirrors
  • wrap exhaust
  • new lights
  • maybe a new seat
  • more stuff as I think of it

So yeah, that's it as of now. I thought it would be fun to share my progress with you guys.
I'm really excited to get going.

Thanks for checking it out!

Back
Top Bottom