First build '72 Honda CB500

Dustin_Auerbach

So I picked up this bike from a buddy of mine around the beginning of October.
99bb307330da3d62a1ebd0c9a154b24d.jpg

I was riding it one day and got caught in a rain storm, found a spot to wait the rain out. As I rode back to the shop the bike cut out and wouldn't start again. I knew there were a couple issues with the bike. My initial idea was to fix the wiring issues that caused the bike to cut out, ha ha.
5352f62a20f9fe3c1a87e5e3b6a30c21.jpg

I tore the bike down completely. As I began putting it back together, the ideas started flowing. A vintage bike from Japan needs to speak for itself along with the owner. My own personal life had just taken a major turn. In 2015 I graduated from college with a Bachelor of Fine Art, I was accepted to University of Alaska Fairbanks for a graduate NM program to obtain my Master of Fine Art degree, with a concentration in ceramics and painting. Things from my past decided to change all of that, and I ended back in Billings MT where I got my BFA. With a debt to pay for I got a job in my trade of mechanics, welding and metal fabrication, which is what I was doing before I went to college.

I have always been inspired by Japanese art, custom, and the way of the samurai, and more importantly the Ronin, a samurai who has lost their master. Which in many ways I feel that has happened to me.

So, how do I style this bike to speak about me, a 35 year old Texas born American who has moved around all his life, and a Japanese vintage bike? What better idea then to name the bike Ronin and add artwork that is inspired and pays tribute to Japan and the masterless samurai.
8780f27205eb13a821b606b7dfbd8d5a.jpg

08aa638c7736a80d7af229c1ecfd9017.jpg

This last picture is where I am currently at in my build. I have some ideas of fabracting Japanese script "Ronin" in the side of the bike, updating the wiring to the motogadget m-unit, metal fabrication of either a faceless samurai on the tank, finding a fairing or fabracting one, and gauges that with match the style. I just wanted to share my story and bike with the community. I am looking forward to finishing this build very soon and going on a ride. Any thoughts or suggestions, are welcomed along with any help, parts, or sponsors. This is also the first bike I have ever owned.

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using DO THE TON mobile app

Back
Top Bottom