Honda single project

Thanks! Plan is to pick up a swingarm and drum brake rear wheel from something like a CB550/750 and a 4LS drum for the front....when I can afford it!
For now though its going to have to wait as I'm getting 2 more of the 650singles ready for the Custom bike show at Stoneleigh in April and time is running out!! Got wheels sorted today though....

Attachments

• sr239.JPG
    sr239.JPG
    129.1 KB · Views: 698
And finished another frame for the single cyl motor....

Attachments

• sr247.JPG
    sr247.JPG
    127 KB · Views: 811
  • sr246.JPG
    sr246.JPG
    124.9 KB · Views: 798
  • sr248.JPG
    sr248.JPG
    126 KB · Views: 809
  • sr243.JPG
    sr243.JPG
    124.1 KB · Views: 817
unclerob said:
Thanks! Plan is to pick up a swingarm and drum brake rear wheel from something like a CB550/750 and a 4LS drum for the front....when I can afford it!
For now though its going to have to wait as I'm getting 2 more of the 650singles ready for the Custom bike show at Stoneleigh in April and time is running out!! Got wheels sorted today though....

I think my pal still has the second Grimeca front hub / 4LS set up - brand new.

Any interest ?

A few more pics of progress....
I'd been getting problems with the headstock distorting as it was welded....whichever sequence I tried it always moves a bit one way or the other....and having it pulled straight after isn't the nicest thing to do to a frame! It finally occurred to me (after a year or so!) to do the headstock welding but leave off all the welded gussetts that brace it....then have it motolined....then finish the welds....much nicer.
Tank in the pic is my 3rd try....getting a bit sick of making moulds then deciding I don't like them so this one stays.....going to have to do something about the seat now though!!

Attachments

• 022.JPG
    022.JPG
    131.4 KB · Views: 631
  • IMG_0172 (600x800).jpg
    IMG_0172 (600x800).jpg
    357.2 KB · Views: 680
  • sr290.JPG
    sr290.JPG
    126.7 KB · Views: 697
Its been a while since I posted about this project but have been gradually improving on the idea, and have just finished another one, pic below....
I'm just starting on another one for a friend and will put up some posts as it goes together....

Attachments

• show4.JPG
    show4.JPG
    130.2 KB · Views: 619
When I win the lottery, I'll be in touch ;) !!!!!!!!! Fancy that Aermacchi project we discussed some time ago.

Yes, I'm still keen on an Aermacchi TJ, there was one for sale at Kempton jumble recently but too pricy for me....if I come across one of the Harley versions at a reasonable price I'll probably buy it and see what happens!
Btw have moved the latest 650 build over to the main projects section....

Attachments

• aermacchi.jpg
    aermacchi.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 752
unclerob said:
Yes, I'm still keen on an Aermacchi TJ, there was one for sale at Kempton jumble recently but too pricy for me....if I come across one of the Harley versions at a reasonable price I'll probably buy it and see what happens!
Btw have moved the latest 650 build over to the main projects section....

Just need to get another Grimeca and Borranis !!!

unclerob said:
Its been a while since I posted about this project but have been gradually improving on the idea, and have just finished another one, pic below....
I'm just starting on another one for a friend and will put up some posts as it goes together....

Outstanding build here. You're making me reconsider what to use my spare rfvc lump for...

Back
Top Bottom