One of the best bikes I have ever seen!!

Destruction Boy

Been Around the Block
" This Limited Edition (of one) cat 1Uber-bike by artist Byron Hemmes. It is a 1200cc Motorcycle. A big cat Motocycle. Powered by 1200cc Buell 97 S3 Thunderbolt engine, body made from high-grade stainless steel. It price at £320,000 (about $567,000)." See from bookofjoe.com.
I searched more info and high definition photos about this project. This bike named the Jaguar Concept Motorcycle from Massow Concept Cycles.
"Massow Concept Cycles - When first given the opportunity to view Barend Massow Hemmes' concept chopper folio nothing could prepare you for the impact of his collection. Using high end car trade marks and logos, Hemmes has developed these pioneering concept motorcyles making use of cutting edge engineering and materials technology. The jaguar 'leaper' cat logo became the first from his limited range to be built into a real machine. Engineered in high-grade stainless steel the bike flaunts a jaguar cat fairing on which the rider sits. This has been finished with ultra high gloss ebony lacquer. Hemmes is currently in talks with Jaguar to determine how they intend using it as radical new brand-awareness tool."

• Length: 2.3 meters
• Wheel center to center: 1.7 meters
• 1200cc Buell 97 S3 Thunderbolt engine
• Body made from high-grade stainless steel
• Air intakes and exhaust system custom-engineered to suit cat profile
• Cat fairing: Fiberglass finished in ultra-high-gloss ebony polyurethane lacquer
• Handlebar width: 1 meter
• Weight: 360 kg
• Seat: Stingray

Cat-1-Uber-bike.jpg

Cat-1-Uber-bike-.jpg

Cat-1-Uber-bike---.jpg

Serious? The thing is hideous. I'm not one to say, but if I had $567,000 to just "waste" I would buy it and quickly destroy it. There's a picture of somebody riding it, and it looks like they are screwing a fiberglass jaguar

Don't get me wrong, I can appreciate a vision and some hard work. And somebody put in a LOT of hard work on that. But it's one of those things that when it was unveiled the owner of Jaguar had to be standing there and put everybody in an awkward position - so they clapped and cheered. Had anybody stopped the builder and said "Are you off your freaking rocker?" there might have been enough doubt to just stop it dead in it's tracks.

And I would buy it for the motor and frame, but if I had the money to waste

this is why there are group critiques in art school... it prevents ideas this bad from taking flight, suffering massive airframe failure and crashing on a preschool.....

The fact of the matter is, if some rich, tasteless tool asked you to build his "art" bike for a princely sum... Most people would be like "cash upfront, please." You can't blame the builder. Blame the tool with more money than good taste!
Having said all that, I can not believe that this affront to motorcycling and british automobiles even exists. I'd love to know how long that 2.3 meter turd sits on the market. I'd also love to have the owners e-mail addy so I could educate him on things to do with his money that don't make him look like a total dick... like feeding homeless people. I'm not a fan of homeless people, they usually smell like cabbage and feces, but dear God he could have fed the entire homeless population of Alabama for a year for what he spent on that... and will he get it back? Hell no! Might as well have napalmed a briefcase full of money. UGH!

Im sorry man, but this really is the absolute, top notch, no question, grade-a, king of kings, piece of bullshit excuse for a motorcycle ever built. I mean, I get it, if someone offered me a few hundred g's to built it, I'd have a real hard time saying no, but shit... I would hope that if I was a pro builder, my name wouldnt even come up in the conversation... this thing has no redeming qualities at all. I mean sure, there was some serious time and work put into it, but who cares. Its fuckin garbage. Im sorry, nothing personal, but Ive had 4 or 5 people show mw pictures of this steaming shit pile, and ask "when are you going to build something cool like this?", or "isnt this fuckin' badass dude"... NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS! and NO IT ISNT!!!!! You want a badass, super custom bike to spend your excess riches on, at least get something that actually is a bike, and not an oversized carnival ride, like the Greggs Customs R1. Now that is a custom motorcyce... Not a 1/2 a million dollar rolling portrait of beastiality, and douche-baggery.
greggs-r1-tracker.jpg

Sorry man. I really dont mean anything personal... I just hate when dumb wasteful shit like this gets applauded, when the guys out there that are building real badass bikes (that are more creative and artistic than this pile ever could be) dont get shit. (Guys like Chopper Dave for example)

"oversized carnival ride" and "rolling portrait of bestiality, and douche-baggery"

hahahhahahahahhahahahhaha

Dear god, this crap pile again!

This is like the black plague of DTT....it never goes away, and it contaminates the pages in an increasingly higher number of photos every time it gets posted!

Dear god in heaven, it looks like one of those kids coin slot rides in front of Wal-Mart mounted on top of an OCC chopper frame. Hell, I saw a stuffed bear for sale in a pawn shop a couple of weeks ago. Maybe I should buy that and mount it to a cafe racer....maybe people will applaud me for having built the first bike that needs vacuumed on occasion!

Von I feel you brother....give the credit to the real down and dirty builders.

I guess poster really hasn't seen very many motorcycles if thats one of the the best? :D
Jaguar used to be British (don't have a clue who owns the name now? BMW?)
At least it should have had a Triumph engine ::)

PJ

crazypj said:
I guess poster really hasn't seen very many motorcycles if thats one of the the best? :D
Jaguar used to be British (don't have a clue who owns the name now? BMW?)
At least it should have had a Triumph engine ::)

PJ

I agree on the Triumph engine, but Jag is now owned by Ford... so you can understand why its so crappy! lol

cookiemonster said:
I agree on the Triumph engine, but Jag is now owned by Ford... so you can understand why its so crappy! lol

Thought TATA motors, from India owned Jag now.....? that would explain more :D

Interior designer...that say's it all right there LOL. Queer eye for the.....Oh never mind, ya know where I was going with that :p

The part in that video where the guy says "I think there should be more things like this on the road..." kinda made my throw up in my mouth a bit. Jesus... One of our English members needs to find this bike and fuckin torch it. Extra credit if the builders on it! Im sorry DestructionBoy... Im sure your a good guy, but this puts a big ol' red slash on your DTT permanent record. ;) :D

'Top speed is about 50 mph... which gives people a chance for a good look'...

Any 1000cc+ motorcycle built for a top speed of 50 mph should be sunk to the depths of the ocean, regardless of what it looks like.

Back
Top Bottom