what is this style of jacket called?

boomshakalaka said:
its like charlie prince's jacket from 3:10 to yuma

CHARLIEPRINCE.jpg

I agree, thats a bad ass jacket!

Hmmmm, do you reckon I could wear mine on the bike then? ;D
t7.jpg

It reminds me of the one McQueen used to wear racing in the early sixties- centerzip with overlapped side buttons on one side.

Attachments

• stevemcqueen.jpg
    stevemcqueen.jpg
    220.1 KB · Views: 292
I'm not sure what the Langlitz jackets cost, but I'd guess in the $800-900.00 range. Like the Lewis jackets, whenever one come up on eBay they tend to go for a lot. I think the Lewis jackets go for around $1100.00US. The japanese collectors are crazy about them.

They really like the old Buco jackets also. I used to have one and watched the value go to $3000 (sold on ebay). I bought it from a friend for $100 and bugged him to death about how much it was really worth, it used to make him crazy. One of the customers on his paper route when he was a kid gave it to him in the mid 60's. It had belonged to the guy's son in the fifties. The son went to Korea and never came back. He saw George riding his motorcycle while passing papers and gave it to him, cleaned and in a clear plastic laundry bag..... just like new. He wore it for years until he got a little large for the jacket... lost his job and got in a hard place for cash so I bought it. I had so much fun driving him nuts about the jacket for 15 years. On his sixtieth birthday I gave it back to him.... I just love seeing a grown man cry...... :eek: :eek: :eek:

dewjantim said:
That is one kick-ass jacket !!!!!

Yeah thanks... its pretty insane.. I've never ever seen one that wasnt in a magazine, book, or some old photo... Just had to have it.. ;D

dewjantim said:
They really like the old Buco jackets also. I used to have one and watched the value go to $3000 (sold on ebay). I bought it from a friend for $100 and bugged him to death about how much it was really worth, it used to make him crazy. One of the customers on his paper route when he was a kid gave it to him in the mid 60's. It had belonged to the guy's son in the fifties. The son went to Korea and never came back. He saw George riding his motorcycle while passing papers and gave it to him, cleaned and in a clear plastic laundry bag..... just like new. He wore it for years until he got a little large for the jacket... lost his job and got in a hard place for cash so I bought it. I had so much fun driving him nuts about the jacket for 15 years. On his sixtieth birthday I gave it back to him.... I just love seeing a grown man cry...... :eek: :eek: :eek:
haha, I was this close to calling you a dick. great story man.

Another story....same jacket. Two years ago a couple of months before George's 60th birthday I laid in a hospital bed for three weeks waiting on a new heart. Finally the big day came and they offered me a heart, which I accepted gladly with a little sadness because I knew another had to die to give me a chance to live. After the doctors left the room, laying there half dead I motioned for my loving wife (Janet) to bend down by my bedside. Weakly I whispered to her "If I don't make it make sure George gets his jacket back". True story.... honest to God..... :eek: :eek: :eek:.

Or just get new Lewis leathers jacket from Lewis leathers...

http://www.lewisleathers.com/store/jackets/product45.html

I'd suggest a real motorcycle jacket with double or triple stitched seams etc. Some of teh motorcycle (looking) jackets will fall apart when you hit the road. My Hein Gerrick was barely scuffed last time that gravity kicked in at the wrong moment.

try this one. and no comments about my spelling in the last post - thanks.

http://www.hein-gericke.co.uk/shop/product_info.php/products_id/5279

In the UK they were sold by Lewis Leathers under the name 'Monza'. You could look under the make of Aviakit as well.
I bought one in 1979 and still have it.

Louis | Costa said:
http://www.schottnyc.com/products/fabric/leather/multizip-racer-jacket.htm

I'm digging this jacket, since it kind of has that look the board track racer jacket I posted has, and the zippers are pretty cool features... but it's way out of my price range!! I wonder where I can find this for less....?

the multi-zippers on the jacket other then the center front zipper are for style appearance only and are not zippers for hidden vents.

meh.. Im not paying $500 for that.

Louis | Costa said:
I wouldn't either :D

Does anyone know what would be similar to this jacket? I'm sure there are motorcycle jackets that look as cool as this out there:
justice-jacket.jpg

DrJ has a few of these in his closet... Send him a PM...

Kanticoy said:

Hope this isnt weird, but could you post a picture of you, or anyone wearing that jacket. I really like it but have found that a lot of these jackets look real slick on the website but just dont fit right when you get them in the mail. I would just like to see it worn to see how it fits, its a slick looking piece of leather and might get one myself.
thanks

Hey guys,

I found a cool looking jacket last night while perusing Motorcycle Classics.. its made by Held and is a similar style to the Monza..

Its called the Santana by Held...as of now, when my diet is succesful and I go to shop for a leather jacket, this will be the one for me...good price too.
5921_51_x.jpg

http://www.heldusa.com/santana.html

hope this helps..

Gray

boomshakalaka said:
FireShot%2Bcapture%2B%23024%2B-%2B%27%27%2B-%2Bcgi_ebay_com_ws_eBayISAPI_dll_VISuperSize%26item%3D200381250798.jpg

I love these jackets. diagonal zipper, but no big goofy fonz collar. An example of the seemingly more common style thats similar but I dont like:

51gWxcAqUYL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

See, the collar is too big and it looks like.. well like the fonz wore it.

I have a vintage red leather jacket very similar to the one in the first pic, and occasionally Ill see them on ebay, but its always so annoying having to search through thousands of vintage jackets on ebay (most of them non motorcycle, or womens styles) just to find one or two of these. Also Id like to know if anyone makes these new, so far all I can find new are the fonz knockoffs.

That jacket looks like a reproduction of the vintage TT Leathers out of the UK.

Back
Top Bottom