Let's see your riding boots

I also wear these:

IMG_0512.jpg

I am in the process of tracking down some vintage Red Wing Irish Setters
3428546862_7a5e20b54e_o.jpg
. Can't go wrong with those. Uh, when they have laces.

Goddammit!!! Some pics work...some do not.....anyway, Harley Davidson boots (made by Wolverine). The Brake Buckle & the Distortion. These babies are comfortable......look good & are a plus in a fight!!!!

$10 summer kicks from wally. suprisingly after a month they're still blinding white in the sun.

Attachments

• faded.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 1,235
One pair of "Eyetalian" waterproof (toes still get wet), one 16' engineer boot, a couple of Bates (one fastlane and one roadrace), and my favorite........ good ole "doc martens"...... would post pics but it says the file is to big...... Dew.

Re: New cat

Represto said:
It'd like to get some nice high boots...with zippers. I had a big ol' pair of docs back in the day...and the one thing I hated the most about them was doing em up.

Place I used to work sells lace-in zippers for lace up boots. Popular with security guards and so on. Try a websearch and you'll probably find some.

As for me, I usually ride in my usual footwear: cheap Lynx runners or Converse All-Star knockoffs. Not the best protection, I know, but I'm on a budget here!

- boingk

Re: New cat

boingk said:
Place I used to work sells lace-in zippers for lace up boots. Popular with security guards and so on. Try a websearch and you'll probably find some.

As for me, I usually ride in my usual footwear: cheap Lynx runners or Converse All-Star knockoffs. Not the best protection, I know, but I'm on a budget here!

- boingk
Try the Army Surplus stores for the lace in zippers, they always have them in stock......

Just picked up my first riding boots a the local flea market. They don't have any markings, but they are definitely vintage.

They are 15-1/2" tall with the heel included.

100_0480.jpg

I have some dorky Tour Masters Response SC velcro-over-shoelace boots; they get the job done.

g22564.jpg

They're not vintage by any means, but I love how Puma motorcycle boots look. I have no idea how high quality they are, though.

motostrano_2068_11860598

mitchellc said:
They're not vintage by any means, but I love how Puma motorcycle boots look. I have no idea how high quality they are, though.

motostrano_2068_11860598

Don't bother with these, I have a pair and they're a bit junky. More of a fashion boot with nod to motorcycling. Leather is too soft and thin. Feels squishy.

I really like my Bacco Bucci's. The price couldn't be beat at $9 (thrift store find). A quick online search shows they retail around $185. They look sharp, my feet & ankles feel safe and cool.

IMG_1057.jpg

mitchellc said:
I have some dorky Tour Masters Response SC velcro-over-shoelace boots; they get the job done.

g22564.jpg

I actually really like these. Im thinking about going with something similar. Im not really a fan of most vintage footwear. Then again Im not a fan of most modern riding footwear either, but these are understated, so I like them.

Back
Top Bottom