hhh

Re: 71 xs650 bobber my first build and bike

I'm sure I'm not the only one whose going to say this, but you're going to chop the frame on your first bike, and you've never actually RIDDEN a motorcycle?

I don't think that's the best idea I've ever heard. I would get some road time in so you can at least understand how motorcycles handle, respond to road conditions, weight distribution, etc before you go making structural alterations.

The XS650 is a great bike. I think its one of the best. Why not just get it clean and running strong so you can ride it and enjoy it before you hack it up. A lot of people that start their first build and immediately start hacking things up tend to get in over their head, lose interest, and are left with a hacked up pile of shit that never gets built. I hope you do not do this. Good luck.... And congrats on your 'gifted' to you Sportster..

I don't know but I'm glad it's an xs650.

Why a hardtail? Lose a bet?

Nice tools.

Well since it's a hardtail I have to agree with your friend simply based on my opinion that they are never right.

While I can see that trying to convince you otherwise is futile, a hardtailed vintage UJM is THE very last bike a new rider should be on. Aside from the fact that they are poser bikes (see plaid shirt, gold helmet and 1927 Model T tires in pic above for reference) and they are absolutely nasty to ride, they are exponentially more dangerous for several reasons.

It's one thing for an experienced builder and rider to go this route, but this is a pretty big mistake for a noob.

Alright i think it's outta my system now, carry on.

P.S. Cant get over the fact that you deliberately showed us all those big fab tools and then went and ordered axle plates. Seems to go with the build theme though.

Back
Top Bottom