NOVEMBER 2013 - DO THE TON BIKE OF THE MONTH - VOTING

Vote for the one you like :)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tim

Administrator
Staff member
Vote vote vote! Nominees get more pics / backstory in here to sway opinion. If any nominee wants a different pic in the poll, just PM me the picture.

A while back i bought 2 cl450 and for 500 bucks. Then i called a friend and struck a deal to unload the runner for 500 bucks. my attentions turned to the more original nonrunner. i took a que from the honda guys on dtt. i decided to strip all the paint and build a "brat". first i stole a seat from a junk 70's honda dirt bike and cut the fenders down.a few phone calls and a ebay listing later i was 700 bucks to the good ha abd the 450 never started. so with both bikes gone i turned my attention to the extra parts that came with the 450's i sold the fined covers to some hipster and some carb and clutch parts to a dtt member ect ect... all the while i was building a war chest and hatching a plain.

. a certain xs650 was being passed around for a few years and had made it way from pa to md by way of 4 owners. so with the money i made off honda kids i made a offer to the owner of said bike. the guy sold the bike to me conplete with a carbon fiber tracker seat that was a donation from our own cyclefreak. a few horse trades later i had a proper wheel set. then i took a good hard look at the swing arm and wasnt happy. over the course of a few nights i build a nice brace i could live with. while at mid ohio i broke a set of shocks i got from our own funny man rich ard (thanks dick). dread rock came to save the day with a pair he bought off jimmer (i think). me dread and 7 or 8 other members wrenched on my xs and dread rocks xs in to the night. opon returning home justinlonghorn, vonyinzer, dick ard and kop anwsered ever question gave/traded parts and offered advice to rewire the bike you see.

So your not voting on my efforts your voting on a family of like minded guys that would drop everything to help a friend. sleep on that befor you make a choice. there is no store or ebay listing that sells the stuff that built this bike.
The bonds of friends holds this yamaha together

bradj said:
So your not voting on my efforts your voting on a family of like minded guys that would drop everything to help a friend sleep on that befor you make a choice. there is no store or ebay listing that sells the stuff that built this bike.

Well Crap! Now I can't decide :mad:

bradj said:

You just called me dick a couple of times. Tighten them bolts down hoss.

All nice bikes. Great story Brad. Had to go with Chef. It was great watching a diverse group of like minded people come together to wrench on his machine to get it up and running. Was a lot like your story but I got to share in it. Not to mention Scott makes a banging jambalaya and if I'm ever going to get any of that again, I have to vote for him.

axeugene27 said:
That's some real nice shit brad. too bad that RD is so nice and you've called me a dick before too. lol
was that befor or after you asked me why my rd smoked so much at mid ohio. see i can lol too. no!! i remember you talk shit about a guy on a bike in a picture i posted, a guy that happened to be my dad. i think i did pretty good with the control lol

Back
Top Bottom