DECEMBER 2013 - DO THE TON BIKE OF THE MONTH - NOMINATIONS!

teazer said:
JohnU, we need to see that bike on a Motard/kart track shot with a long lens to blur out the background. It looks way too functional to be laying around a pool like a pampered teenager. It should be in its natural habitat - a race track (or a road that looks like one) :)

Giant Robot, what sort of father are you allowing that young girl out without her fenders on. Shame on you. That bike goes a long way to capture the look and feel of a period cafe racer. Nice job.

Teazer, I will be getting some proffesional pics taken next week, these were just done with my phone real quick. I am ready to get the bike to the track but I want to get the jetting close first.

I agree that Giant Robots bike is a great period cafe racer, I like it. I don't want to see it with fenders on though, it looks great as it is!

johnu said:
Teazer, I will be getting some proffesional pics taken next week, these were just done with my phone real quick. I am ready to get the bike to the track but I want to get the jetting close first.

I agree that Giant Robots bike is a great period cafe racer, I like it. I don't want to see it with fenders on though, it looks great as it is!

just a fork brace and something to stop crud from the rear wheel.

I'd like to nominate Flying J's fabulous CB550: http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=10381.0

CB550caferacer05_zps80aae5f6.jpg

cheers
ian

I would like to nominate Roc City Cafe's CB750 (to CB915) conversion.

http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=51216.0

IMG_0620.jpg

Maritime said:
I can't remember for sure but was that bike already a BOTM? If not I will second it.

Maritime

I've Searched (if you click Search on the top menu, you can direct your Search at specific boards etc.) the BOTM threads for all CB550 references and don't see anything on Flying J's CB550. Loads of awesome CB550's have been nominated and a few have won in the past, including some with aluminum tanks/seats, but I can't see any evidence of this one having been nominated in the past or having won.

There's also no specific 'rule' against a bike winning twice - I think we've had that happen :) Only 'rule' is that if a bike was nominated last month, it shouldn't be nominated again in the current month.

Tim said:
There's also no specific 'rule' against a bike winning twice - I think we've had that happen :) Only 'rule' is that if a bike was nominated last month, it shouldn't be nominated again in the current month.
" 6. Bikes that have won in prior contests should not be included unless they have been modified significantly"
Jus sayin ;)

Redbird said:
" 6. Bikes that have won in prior contests should not be included unless they have been modified significantly"
Jus sayin ;)

Well there you go! I think I wrote that in response to a repeat winner, that had if I recall been modified.

Sonreir said:
I would like to nominate Roc City Cafe's CB750 (to CB915) conversion.

http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=51216.0

IMG_0620.jpg

I think this is the one! Beautiful bike!!

My bike has not been bike of the month. I accept the nomination. Some beautiful bikes this month. Lots of aluminum.

OK - so it looks like we have a good field of bikes to choose from - this should be a pretty epic BOTM to close out 2013's monthly banners!

Nominations closed

Maritime said:
I can't remember for sure but was that bike already a BOTM? If not I will second it.

Maritime

We really need the Calendar Girls thread updated, looking at it now it hasn't been kept up since 2011. Would be nice if the pictures linked to the build threads as well. I'd gladly compile this info if one of the mods would update the thread after I had it done.

Back
Top Bottom