1978 CB550 Pieces/Parts Hellride

Kanticoy said:
Good choice there.

I think you would appreciate where the color inspiration comes from. LOL

a877116ea8c641ce3199faeaea04ea8a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bring a few bits from the motor next time you come and we will powder coat them to match or something

No test rides. We're gonna take a little break. Me thinks I bent a valve. The cam chain slipped and it locked up on a start. I could turn it back, but not forward. Pulled the rocker box off and then it could turn forward again. Put it back together. Low compression (115) on 2 and no compression on 3. I was 150 across the board when I did the first start up. I had some issues with the tensioner, and it may have bit me in the ass. Luckily, I've built up quite the collection of CB650 engines. School starts on the 14th, so have to gear up, but I'll do my tank repaint this week, take a breather, then get back at it maybe this weekend.

I feel your pain. I'm right there with my kz twin engine.

Thanks, Murray.

Well guys, you think this is a problem? LOL

3b628a727950aea8271e5076b476b06a.jpg

You’re right! JB Weld fixed it!

cd66c114726ba41b9349b1765ab60342.jpg

Tested for leaks. We are good to go. Just have to wait on the new head gasket to traverse the entire country.

so, I think we know that they are interference engines now...

Glad you got it sorted!

Repainted the tank, though my IPhone isn’t picking up the right red. Waiting for cure...

Attachments

• IMG_0417.JPG
    IMG_0417.JPG
    286.3 KB · Views: 185
looks great man.. can you flash what the pain you used is? I like the color; the graphic is nice too

Luugo86 said:
looks great man.. can you flash what the pain you used is? I like the color; the graphic is nice too
It's the Roth Rattle Bombs. Tropi Cali Orange and Tropi Cali metal flake under Cherry Pie candy. The pic was taken at dusk with no overhead sunlight, so you're not seeing the gold and orange reflections. The pic shows the red lighter than it actually is.

Hopefully, these pics show the paint a bit better. I haven’t done the final wet-sand.

Attachments

• IMG_0420.JPG
    IMG_0420.JPG
    220.6 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_0428.JPG
    IMG_0428.JPG
    168.5 KB · Views: 166
Back
Top Bottom