Kz 750 help

Abmblsnowman

Hey guys this is my 1st post but have garnered a lot of info from reading this forum. I have a couple questions about my kz 750 barn find. It is a 1980 with a 12 digit vin, the side covers say ltd but they were epoxied on so may not be original, how can I find out for sure(the title only says "kawasaki motorcycle") engine number is KZ750EE020486 if that helps
My other question is about bars, I was going to get clip-ons but then discovered the handlebar clamps (risers) are made into the top triple tree. Should I just go with clubman bars or not worry about the clamps and get clip-ons? Also what are good brands, i was looking at woodcraft. Are there other brands I should be looking at?

Thanks in advance

This is the only pic I have at the moment, I can take and upload more if necessary, are there specific thing that need to be seen?

Attachments

• 00i0i_9lgitMDQx05_1200x900.jpg
    00i0i_9lgitMDQx05_1200x900.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 210
If you are looking for the VIN, it's on the neck of the frame, up behind the headlight. Motor number is helpful but the VIN is more so. It's definitely an LTD.

Hmmm I was under the assumption that the KZ750’s from the 80’s were all called LTD’s? I may be wrong.

You can put clip on’s or clubman bars. If you are 100% dead set on clip ons, and have no intention on putting on clubmans in the future, you could grind down the handlebar mounts. Once they’re ground down, the x4 screw holes will remain, so you could drill those down and install some LED idiot lights :D

It is indeed a LTD that's what the "h" in the VIN denotes. The other kz750 four at the time was the "E" which was the sportier version. IMHO the geometry of the LTD models is not really conducive to clip ons or clubman bars as the seat is pretty low and the foot controls are mid position. If you want something better than those awful ape hangers check out superbike or euro bars. it's your bike so you do you.

Back
Top Bottom