SP370 Tracker ish build

I'd move the bottom bracket of the shock a little further back, giving you a little less travel than what you have now, if that's what you are aiming for.

Then make the same shock travel vs wheel travel measurements

If you plan to use the shock as it is now, to one of the sides of the swing arm, you will have to brace the swingarm heavily as it will have to withstand uneven loads on each side of the swingarm, resulting in some sort of torsional loads on it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

dualero said:
I'd move the bottom bracket of the shock a little further back, giving you a little less travel than what you have now, if that's what you are aiming for.

Then make the same shock travel vs wheel travel measurements

If you plan to use the shock as it is now, to one of the sides of the swing arm, you will have to brace the swingarm heavily as it will have to withstand uneven loads on each side of the swingarm, resulting in some sort of torsional loads on it.

Thanks
I already have plans for the swing arm brace so will get cracking on the brackets and measures then tack it all up and get some photos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you made the swingarm mount multi-adjustable you could tune the shock angle to suit. I'm no expert (no really I'm not haha) but the top mount on the subframe looks way too spindly when compared to typical centred monoshock mounts. The top mount on my CBX is strong and attached to the main frame spine (one reason I decided against altering it).

I'd worry there could be torsional movement especially as the forces are unequal, there could be some 'twist n shake' going on down the road??

I do wonder about the benefits of this offset mono set up...remind me please.

Hi did really began choping frame and remaking the subframe before taking into account the suspension redesign of the bike.

As he shed the twin shock setup, and began mocking (absolutely non-working) mono shock setups XB chimed in and got kipper to stop and think a little what he was doing before committing any crimes.

He found this ktm shock from a similar sized/weight bike. Cheaper I guess.

I'd suggest that if you can't come up with a better solution for the shock positioning, to remove completely the subframe. Begin from zero to design the suspension in a more thought out way and, then build the subframe, looks wise, around the frame/suspension fabrication and making sure the project is more sound and concrete.

Nice build. I'm particularly interested in your shock mount. I have a similar dilemma on my build!

NoRiders said:
If you made the swingarm mount multi-adjustable you could tune the shock angle to suit. I'm no expert (no really I'm not haha) but the top mount on the subframe looks way too spindly when compared to typical centred monoshock mounts. The top mount on my CBX is strong and attached to the main frame spine (one reason I decided against altering it).

I'd worry there could be torsional movement especially as the forces are unequal, there could be some 'twist n shake' going on down the road??

I do wonder about the benefits of this offset mono set up...remind me please.

The top brackets are 11mm thick stainless steel and there will be 2 welded side by side and a brace straddling the frame at the same point to hopefully address the twist.

The reason for the mono conversion may well be lost on me know as it was half design (without a clue) and half twisted and bent original twin subframe

XB and Dualero are teaching me new stuff each time and I'm picking up what I can where u can. Originally this project had a deadline but that disappeared and now the project is just that a project in learning and ducking about.

And finally the ktm shock is cheap and matches (roughly) original sp370 weight.

So chip in where you like and what you like it's all useful to me

Where did you get the shock? I'm looking for a replacement shock at a reasonable price.

I see in one of your pictures you tried a side mount similar to the ER6 setup. That was something I was considering.

Also you have some pics of monoschock conversions, one looks like a CX500 project, was that a thread on here, as I'd like to have a look at the fabrication used for that set up?

Shock was from eBay
And I have a couple on offer if they suit your build

Ducati monster Sachs or a
Triumph speed triple

Thread wise the images were ripped from Google

Search for monoshock conversion and look at images then link through to the threads for there , I don't remember any being from DTT tho

Can you private message pics of the shocks please and the price you want for them?

I see from your profile you're in Watford. I sometimes have to travel to Epping with work, I could meet you if we can do a deal on the shocks? I'm not exactly sure what shock I want/need, just seeing what's out there at the moment.

So it's been a while but have moved house and aquired a garage so today was the first time it's been sort of resembling a bike again, still a ton to do but you get the idea
38ef5d4b956f206f4f285cd7402d62ce.jpg
588234f18ddbaaffc898d1874add134f.jpg
54126e4a9cb36f13dc40f99213b5ee38.jpg
922114e7a47e45a13e3eadbc98130eb6.jpg

Let rip

Good to see you're back at it, where are the lights from on the front guard, I am looking for something similar

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Back
Top Bottom