Needed: Logo advice

CresentSon

Over 1,000 Posts
I'm trying to develop a logo for my CB750F build <a href="http://dotheton.com/index.php?topic=8640.0">"Filthy Beast"</a>

I have these sketches, but I am really blocked and none of them fit completely what I want.
It needs to be;

A.) tough looking as this thing is going to be rock solid, I hope.
B.) able to be done as a negative space cut out because I want to cut it into the side covers or,
C.) something I could create in 3-D out of aluminum like a raised badge I could mount on the tank.

I really like the meaning of the shield knot in all my designs thus far, so I want it included. Other than that I just don't know which direction to go in. might just have to hold off until the end of the build and let the bike tell me what to do.

Re: Needed: Logo advise

This buckle is cool, I could see it as the tank badges. I also like the knot turned on it side, probably the forerunner at this point.

Attachments

• BALTIC KNOT 45.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 176

None of that says "Filthy Beast" to me. Rat Fink says Filthy Beast, but those knots say "precise" and "carefully done".
I like the idea of letting the bike speak to you- if you're willing to listen.

I see where your coming from, but I still want it to look clean while still having an edge. Being as left brained as I am, the precise and carefully done is more a limitation to my photoshop style than anything else. The Filthy part of the name came from the snotter shape I got her in, and I want to retain some of that history too. I hope it shows through with the copious use of bed liner and other "off the beaten path" elements I hope to work into the overall design.

Plasma cut it out of steel and let it rust a bit ... that'll be 'Filthy' and nod at it's past history.

Could you perhaps do something that's maybe a modification of your avatar? That looks a bit more 'filthy beasty', and maybe there's a way to alter it so that you can cut it out?

Just a thought...

Cafe-XV750 said:
Plasma cut it out of steel and let it rust a bit ... that'll be 'Filthy' and nod at it's past history.

That definitely sounds cool, but I've already spent too much time sanding off rust to add more. Maybe a patina would work?

Vince Lupo said:
Could you perhaps do something that's maybe a modification of your avatar? That looks a bit more 'filthy beasty', and maybe there's a way to alter it so that you can cut it out?

Just a thought...

The avatar is a modification of a design I churned out for Carpy. I'm not really much of a fan of checks and spades. They are cool and all but it was just an image I had lying around I thought I'd throw on there.

I think part of the problem lies in the fact that there is no movement in the images. Part of that precise calculated thing I guess?

I took a drawing class once. ( I used to spend lots of time drawing little, precise things like that. ) The teacher said I HAD to use my whole arm on this huge pad. It was scary, to tell the truth- but that first line I made blew me away.

I think you should paint some part of your face (or even the whole face...?), kneel down next to the tank, and have a friend push your face into the tank side. Then walk away and let it dry. No "do-overs".

Hell yeah. I appreciate the sink or swim method, but there is still that paltry little sinking part that concerns me.

CresentSon said:
Hell yeah. I appreciate the sink or swim method, but there is still that paltry little sinking part that concerns me.

I don't think looking at a faux street critter with everything over designed gives me the same thrill.

The last idea might be good- if the lettering looked like drippy spray paint. You'll drive your girlfriend wild if you could just loosen up a little about one or 2 things...

Well, that's my 2 cents and I'm tapped out. (Your ear print could look like a wing? ~ ;^ D )

I really appreciate all the advice guys, I tried distressing it some and simplified the layout. Might cut it out of diamond plate.?

I like the lettering with the moon, maybe if I distress it the same way or mixed it with the gear. I like how this has evolved, and the feed back and ideas have kept my inertia up (since I worked last night, on deep nights and have yet to sleep).

Back
Top Bottom