1977 cb550F build.The perfect thread for those who want instant satisfaction

trippmann

hey guys! this will be my second bike build.

The first was a 1989 Honda CBR 600 F1. Bike was a wreck when i got it. The kids that owned it before me couldnt figure out how to make it run and ended up selling it for $300, Perfect build for me. Cleanded the shit out of the carbs and boom the bike ran great. After a bunch of other shit she was done. Here's the before and after.

Heres how i first got it:

And here it is after a SHIT LOAD of work and minimal money.

Dyno video:

And heres the CB550F.

It ran perfectly before all of this and runs equally well now. I need to either add the intake plenum or jet for pod filters. "i really hate installing that plenum..."

The only comment im adding, Thank you so much mom for helping me lay the frame on the engine. you made this process so much easier! Everyone should involve either their significant other or their parent. makes the project much more meaningful.

Awesome job on the CB550 - looks great!

This build is being featured in the BikeBuilds.net directory here: trippmann's '77 CB550F

We're currently displaying only a reduced-size photo (similar to what you'd find in Google Images). We'd like to ask for your permission to publish the original full-size image with your build listing.

If anyone would like to have a build of their own listed, just send me a message with a link to the build thread and we'll take care of the rest.

Ken

in other news, Carpy yoshi replica finally came in, chrome ceramic coating, fitment was perfect. I also managed to score those OEM side covers in the proper color with no broken tabs for 70 bucks on ebay.

enjoy!

Very nice. How many stock CBs you see any more? Stock is the new custom.

stock is wonderful but when you have a stock exhaust that was painted with grill paint and had holes in it, id rather have aftermarket.

the yoshi rep is fantastic and sounds awesome!

Finding a good condition stock 550 exhaust would be near impossible anyways, or big $$$. The yosh rep looks great and very at home on the bike. An aftermarket exhaust was the first thing people did on these bikes back in the day anyway, so the new pipe is "period correct" as they would say. Do you have a video of it running? Would be great to hear it purr.

Great effort there . The pipes look great with the ceramic coating. I was thinking of getting some of my parts coated as well.
The side covers were a lucky find.
Keep up the good work
Cheers
brt651

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZ6j8H8VrEE

youtube video of the exhaust, enjoy!

i just finished cleaning it up and putting it away for the winter

Back
Top Bottom