In Ontario? Looking for Insurance? Try Desjardins.

HolyRoller

Been Around the Block
First of all, a shout out to Tim who suggested this to me.

Desjardins is a great place for bike insurance.

I have, among many other heaps of trash, a semi-restored Suzuki gs750ef '84. Nice bike, fast as, and fun to ride.

The guy on the phone quoted me $400 for the year for basic coverage. That is pretty cheap, and I immediately took it.

Couple of caveats though... they don't insure what they term "supersport" bikes. Not at all. They also don't insure bikes where you simply want fire/theft (I have several bikes that fall under this category). Additionally, if the bike is significantly modified, they won't insure it, or if they do, it will be pricey.

But for a decent slightly modded bike that is not a "superbike" what a great deal.

11182226_10153210029652674_5495344140520133643_n.jpg

http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=43807.0

Get the bikes apraised. All my oldr bikes are through Dalton Timis who has a vintage program. I use Nithburg Apraisal service. jsut under a 100 dollars but you save more than that each year.

pm me ofr mpore info

Yeah, it was touch and go with Desjardins for a while. Back when DrJ started the discussion (3 years back) they quoted me $550 for my BMW and it wasn't worth switching. This time around it was $409 for the same bike, and more importantly, only $260 for my XS650 :D Which of course hasn't been modified.

Back
Top Bottom