my experience with a "parts bike " in nc i found a title legally and cheaply

rjz5400

grummble grumble
i too have a plate and a title with my name on it and got my 200$ parts bike totally legit,
i have been riding on fictitious plates (using the bike i had stolen a long time ago to get moto tags and insurance ) but now i got in touch with the original owner, had him agree to let me apply for a lost title, thankfully maryland doesn't notarize their titles and i could fill in all the boxes myself instead of having to mail it up to him. then i registered cancelled the plate on bike one (imaginary) insured and got plates for bike two. and went out of town to come home and find my legit title in the mail box.
there is a request of info form on the dmv website, that and one dollar will get you photo copies and printouts of everything they have on file, even back to the microfilm from the seventies. that plus 411.com face-book real-estate records and other FOI or freedom of information requests. can go a long ways. i bet the last registered owner would sighn a title request for a six pack or a sandwich. then some dmv BS but a replacement title and one notary free later has worked out for me so far.
good luck and be sure to let me know when you ride down for the vacation, i got tools and a good knowledge of the area so HOLLA.

Back
Top Bottom