82 cb750c dohc in progress

are you running side covers or clean, if clean are you thinking about trimming the mount holes at the rear bottom of the tank? my tank is very similar and i kept those but often think what it would have looked like with out them.

loving the stance of youbike anyways ! good work.

I might end up using those side tabs to mount the rear of the tank to the frame. If I did then I could shave the rear top tab that kind of gets in the way of my seat. I'm not running side covers but that's about all I know at this point.

Hey, thanks for your expert advice! I really appreciate it! For your information I'm 6'3" and that position will work just fine for me. What an assumption to make on your part not knowing who the rider will be. Maybe you're a short guy? Obviously this bike is far from done, if I decide I don't care for the rearset position guess what? I'll change it.

Hey great looking I'm doing my seasonal mods ( every season I change a it a little), and this looks like my '81 750F. I agree with your rearset placement, I'm 6'3" as well and mine are a little forward of yours, I find them still a little forward, next year maybe I'll change them.

Thanks Hank. This thing has a long way to go before I would call it complete but I'm pretty comfortable with the rearsets back there. At our height these frames are pretty compact!

47c28c7d-27a5-838b.jpg
First day riding the dohc to work. 99 degrees out, this engine cranks out some heat!

I'm loving this bike. Also at 6'3" myself, the layout looks taylor made for me. A DOHC Honda may be near the top of my next bike projects list.

Like it better blue...
Now I gotta go back and see exactly what tank you bought. I remember you had to do some mods to make yours fit, but I got a '81 900F tank for my '81 750C and it fit perfect, everything lined right up.

davidgwells said:
Hey leadfoot, that's a 900f tank, its way longer than the 750f tank. The front mounts are in the same spot but the rear is about 3-4 inches further towards the rear.

I do like the looks of yours, seems longer and leaner...Huh... wonder if it is a year difference... WIERD
Here is mine (advertised as a '81 CB900F)

I really think your's is a 750F tank. My tank came off an 81 900F allegedly too... Are your honda badges screwed on or glued on? All the 900's ive seen just had decals and no mounting holes for the screw on badges. Either way, your tank still looks cool. With my tank and using clip ons you really need monkey arms, which i have haha.

That's a good observation! The badges are screw type and to be quite honest it never dawned on me.
Thanks for the insight.

hey david!
i live in chicago too and im bobbing out my cb750c. im kinda glad that our frames have somewhat of an ark. i was worried, but now appreciate it after looking at your bike.

where did you get the leather for your seat? did you have someone sew it around here? what handlebars are you using? how are your mini filters handling? i head that removing the stock filter gives DOHC problems

keep up the good work and i hope to see you on the road!

I made that flat seat from fiberglass and covered it with heat pleated marine vinyl and eva foam. Looks fine in pics... I've gone with a steel seat now and I'm planning on having a professional upholstery job done. Here's how it looks currently. I haven't had any issues with the pods, jetting was easy enough. I will say, diagnosing carb issues is easier of you've already replaced all of the other maintenance items.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364224421.134655.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364224421.134655.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 1,163
Back
Top Bottom