The SkyTeam 'Ace' Resource

Bojer said:
Sorry, should have said , I'm near Bedford in the UK - 50 miles North of London .

Hoping for the bike to be delivered to me, assembled and registered next week , all paid for now :D

Jets bought , main and idle , bar end mirrors bought.........

Used to live in Aylesbury before I moved up here.

Bought mine from my mates Jonno @ Mick Surmans in Aylesbury

Hi Guys

I'm new here and base in HK, love all the works and informations at this place. Absolutely helpful.

Just ordered my ACE 125 through the dealer in HK and should be arriving in 6 weeks time, there is no way you can get it shipped without a dealer and niehter with all the tools and garage like you guys to have it putting it all together by yourself.

There isn't many informations or parts that I can source in HK locally for ACE 125, so I have to look from overseas like Aus or UK. I will be greatly appreciated if I can get some more informations from all of you.

Just a few question to start with: (I'm completely a bike and mechanic retard)

1. What's the reasons of getting rid of the EGR ? (Planning to get Ooracing stage 1 kit)
2. For the S/S braided brake cable, will the Ooracing one works ? or Hel custom made one still the best one, and what info do i need to give them? (Hel got back to me just last night saying that they need more informations about the bike before they can custom made one for me.)
3. Is there a good built straight through exhaust that I can get from ebay/online with good price that will replace the stock one all in one go ? (just afraid the local mechanic here in HK will not bother spending the time to saw through the exhaust, and remove the CAT for me even that I pay them to do.

sorry for all these questions....looking forward to get some answers though..

joseph

josephau said:
Hi Guys

I'm new here and base in HK, love all the works and informations at this place. Absolutely helpful.

Just ordered my ACE 125 through the dealer in HK and should be arriving in 6 weeks time, there is no way you can get it shipped without a dealer and niehter with all the tools and garage like you guys to have it putting it all together by yourself.

There isn't many informations or parts that I can source in HK locally for ACE 125, so I have to look from overseas like Aus or UK. I will be greatly appreciated if I can get some more informations from all of you.

Just a few question to start with: (I'm completely a bike and mechanic retard)

1. What's the reasons of getting rid of the EGR ? (Planning to get Ooracing stage 1 kit)
2. For the S/S braided brake cable, will the Ooracing one works ? or Hel custom made one still the best one, and what info do i need to give them? (Hel got back to me just last night saying that they need more informations about the bike before they can custom made one for me.)
3. Is there a good built straight through exhaust that I can get from ebay/online with good price that will replace the stock one all in one go ? (just afraid the local mechanic here in HK will not bother spending the time to saw through the exhaust, and remove the CAT for me even that I pay them to do.

sorry for all these questions....looking forward to get some answers though..

joseph
1.I'm no mechanic!
but it ain't there to enhance ur ride :mad:
at best its ugly
test urself and grind up a bit of alley and spread a bit of gasket goo :eek:
2.Not sure about the need for the braided cable yet?
but front shocks on mine dive big time when I
squeeze ? for me that feels sh#t? I'd say wait n see how yours feels :p
3.not sure u want straight thru ? DRag pipe syndrome?
(google that)
from what I've read they like a little back pressure
Shipping kills any options with exhaust for me at the mo :'(
$500.00 all up on a $1800 bike ?
and REALLY its the journey
not the destination
Guess, I just told myself to learn how to weld hey?
Damn CAT!
oh yeah ! go the iridium plug too
cheers ACEitup

josephau said:
...looking forward to get some answers though..

Welcome aboard!

The EGR does nothing for engine efficiency or fuel consumption, especially when it gets clogged with carbon deposits. As ACEitup says, it's an ugly add-on that does nothing to enhance the bike.

The Earl's brake lines from OORacing should be fine; I had a custom line made because of the low position of my clip-ons. Braided cable and EBC brake pads (FA165HH) make an appreciable difference to stopping power.

There is no easy answer to the exhaust system problem. Various solutions have been used by participants to this thread, none of them easy and cheap. What you do will depend on the skills you have and what help you can obtain locally.

And I can confirm the value of Iridium Spark plugs.

Crazy

回覆: The SkyTeam 'Ace' Resource

Thanks man. Much appreciated about the inputs !!

: )

Sent from my IM-A880S using Tapatalk

回覆: The SkyTeam 'Ace' Resource

What shaft size of the front sprockets should i be getting if i want +1 (17 T)to replace the stock one? Is it 17mm or 20mm ?

Sent from my IM-A880S using Tapatalk

Is it 16T as stock then ? was expecting it to be 15T - good job I hadn't bought a sprocket yet !

JTF259 is "standard" fit on the CG/CB clones , 20mm O/D on the shaft ,18mm inside the smallest part of the sprocket with 4mm wide splines .

Good site here : http://www.jtsprockets.com/catalogue/sprocket/JTF259-17

Bojer said:
Is it 16T as stock then ? was expecting it to be 15T - good job I hadn't bought a sprocket yet !

JTF259 is "standard" fit on the CG/CB clones , 20mm O/D on the shaft ,18mm inside the smallest part of the sprocket with 4mm wide splines .

Good site here : http://www.jtsprockets.com/catalogue/sprocket/JTF259-17

no im pretty sure stock is 15 for the front, with a 38 rear sprocket.

Hi guys,

I have been reading this forum for a while (thanks for a great source of valuable information btw) and finally decided to commit and order an Ace for myself as well.

It is going to be my first bike and I can't wait to take it for a spin. Always wanted a motorcycle and always liked those cool cafe racers, so when I saw this beauty for $3000 that was it! Just stoked!

It is coming next week and I am thinking what mods do I have to do. The thing is that I want to commute on the bike and on my way to work there is this long ascending road where everybody goes 80-90 kilometers per hour, so I am a bit worried how would the standard Ace hold up. What are the parts that definitely need replacement?

What would you recommend to replace first? Please bare in mind that I don't have any experience in motorcycle repairs/rebuilds nor proper equipment. I have always been quite mechanically skilled though and have a friend who is willing to help with more difficult tasks.

Thanks for your advise/feedback!

Thomas

cafe59 said:
What are the parts that definitely need replacement?

Good to see another 'Ace' owner!

The 80-90k is quite achievable after the motor is run-in. For performance you will need to do something about the dreaded CAT, remove the EGR, and re-jet the carb. Other improvements might help the horsepower but the above changes constitute an achievable minimum.

Are you from Oz? You didn't mention it in your profile.

Keep us posted!

Crazy

^^ agree with crazy.
the other weak points is the brakes, good idea to get upgraded pads for the front
and new brake fluid and the front forks dive really hard under brakes, ooracing sell a fork upgrade pack, includes spacers and oil.
also if you look at how the headlight mounts you will see two bolts under the light, these have fallen out on several aces so get some split spring washers and put them on.
here is ooracings ace parts, they have all the bits you will need.
(except a way to remove the CAT)

http://www.ooracing.com/store/index.php?act=viewCat&catId=224

sprocket2cog said:
look at how the headlight mounts …

I thought the headlight problem was just an isolated mishap!

Fortunately only one of mine fell completely out, the other one was loose but it enabled me to make it home (It wasn't far, and daytime).

Definitely a good idea for everyone to check it on their new bikes.

Crazy

Thanks for quick answers, much appreciated guys!

stroker crazy said:
Are you from Oz? You didn't mention it in your profile.

Well I live on the Northern beaches of Sydney, but I ain't no Aussie;-)

On a more serious note you suggest OORacing stage 1 tune up kit and get rid of the CAT, right? Does the kit contain an instruction manual (ideally Ikea style with pictures for idiots)? I also chose this muffler: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/MUFFLER-UNIVERSAL-REVERSE-CONE-SHORT-LEFT-RIGHT-CAFE-RACER-NORTON-/360693493804?pt=AU_Motorcycle_Parts_Accessories&hash=item53fb01f02c but I am not sure where to cut the pipe...

Thanks again,

Thomas

cafe59 said:
but I am not sure where to cut the pipe...

Thanks again,

Thomas

ive added a image of where to cut the pipe, the cat convertor is the slightly thicker piece at the base of the header before the muffler, when you cut it you will see inside a platinum honeycomb that needs to removed but it seems its hard to do, best bet , put it in a vice and drill it out with the biggest drill bit you have, take it slow and steady .
you dont need the whole of the ooracing kit unless you want to get it all, you can make do just getting the jets , the blanking plate and a front sprocket with 17 teeth, then you dont need to shorten the chain, which you need to do if you change the rear to a smaller one.

Attachments

• Ace-CR125-profile2 (3).jpg
    Ace-CR125-profile2 (3).jpg
    361.3 KB · Views: 260
cafe59 said:
I live on the Northern beaches …

I'm a denizen of the inner west; we will have to have a SinCity 'Ace' gathering sometime soon.

sprocket2cog is on the button! You need to keep as much header length as possible so as not to lose power. The muffler you're getting is some 5" shorter than the original so the less length lost off the header the better. Drilling the CAT out is a pain but losing the length really hurts the power.

Crazy

stroker crazy said:
I'm a denizen of the inner west; we will have to have a SinCity 'Ace' gathering sometime soon.

sprocket2cog is on the button! You need to keep as much header length as possible so as not to loose power. The muffler you're getting is some 5" shorter than the original so the less length lost off the header the better. Drilling the CAT out is a pain but losing the length really hurts the power.

Crazy

Crazy I'm from the shire but currently working in Glebe
Sounds like there could be a flush of Aces around ;D

stroker crazy said:
we will have to have a SinCity 'Ace' gathering sometime soon.
Crazy

That's for sure, I just need to learn not to stall at lights, otherwise I would be an embarrassment for the gang :D

Back
Top Bottom