The SkyTeam 'Ace' Resource

Perfect weather for a ride!

A trip south - 230k of back roads. Went to Colo Vale to see the builder of the chambers for the RaZoR, hopefully will have a result before Christmas.

Razorback lookout; Sydney is barely visible on the horizon above the Ace's headlight:

item.JPG

The pub at Picton:

item.JPG

The Rail museum at Thirlmere:

item.JPG

Met ACEitup (as post above) when I got back to the city, we made an arrangement for a joint Ace ride soon.

Crazy

Still waiting for the bike... Ordered it at Motociclo in Sydney, sent them a $500 deposit on 5/11 and it was supposed to take 1 week to arrive from WA + 2 days to assemble it. Haven't heard of them since... Sent them an email three days ago and no response:-(

cheapest upgrade .. replacing the bolts bit by bit.. new handlebar yoke bolts and master cylinder screws, allen key heads, $1 aud for the lot.. now at least my bars wont fall off on me ;)

Attachments

• DSCF4737.JPG
    DSCF4737.JPG
    114.2 KB · Views: 248
cafe59 said:
Still waiting for the bike... Ordered it at Motociclo in Sydney, sent them a $500 deposit on 5/11 and it was supposed to take 1 week to arrive from WA + 2 days to assemble it. Haven't heard of them since... Sent them an email three days ago and no response:-(
Hi Café
bought mine also from Motociclo
also said a week to me but actually was closer to 3 ?
However John and Nic are friendly enough and
took care in making sure the bike was right
Hope u get it soon! worth the wait!
Where are you located?
cheers ACEitup

Hi All ,
planning an exhaust up grade,
Getting a header made up prob end up being $200 plus a slip on muffler?
or I could get this for $480
thoughts?
mmmm I do like shiny things
ACEitup

Attachments

• skyteam ace exhaust.jpg
    skyteam ace exhaust.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 272
that is super sexy. i ended up getting a local welder to chop off brfore the cat and weld on an extension. its ugly, but it works i guess. i have sprayed it with high heat paint. has nothing on that pipe tho.

Yay , mines just been delivered and I fit :D - bought over the web so bit of a risk as I'm well over 6ft .

Just eating breakfast then off to have a meddle , fired it up but it was not easy - bit cold here over night and the jetting is so obviously very weak it took a while to start then needed lots of choke to keep going - as reported ;)

Next problem seems to be getting insured , quotes so far have been for what seems a lot for a cheap 125 or just not a bike recognised by their sytems . :eek:

ACEitup said:
Hi All ,
planning an exhaust up grade,
Getting a header made up prob end up being $200 plus a slip on muffler?
or I could get this for $480
thoughts?
mmmm I do like shiny things
ACEitup

That looks very good. Where can you buy that from?

Wayne

I have not insured my ace, I don't think it's necessary. in fact I haven't insured any motorcycle. they are not worth enough. maybe if I had a Honda dream 50 i might at 30k for theft, but not a $1,500 Chinese knockoff. 3rd party insurance only lol.

Sent from my XT925 using Tapatalk

Yep , I insured mine third party only this morning - with the excess and the raised premiums etc its just not worth claiming !

Bought this tacho which is not a bad match with the original speedo , just need to sort the brackets out .
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/380708156211?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Will chop out the cat. and drop one of these on - might need an extra bit of pipe to keep the tuned length ;)
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/390693014707?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Bojer said:
Bought this tacho which is not a bad match with the original speedo , just need to sort the brackets out .
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/380708156211?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Could you post a picture because I cannot open the ebay page, got the restriction error.

alright it's the same I installed 8)
Also changed the speedo for the same manufacturer speedo. Same size, same design, looks clean.

Alan Vega said:
alright it's the same I installed 8)
Also changed the speedo for the same manufacturer speedo. Same size, same design, looks clean.

Any chance of a picture of how it all looks installed.

Thanks

Wayne

Alan Vega said:
Like this. Sorry for the poor quality.

Looking good Alan, reminds me though I really need to rewqork how my Acewell is mounted as its a tadge high for my liking. I have a cunning plan in my head 8)

acewell.jpg

mikeyw64 said:
Looking good Alan, reminds me though I really need to rewqork how my Acewell is mounted as its a tadge high for my liking. I have a cunning plan in my head 8)

Your Acewell is really nice but a bit too big for my liking.
Did you try so screw the dashboard underneath the two fork thread ? It'd lower the thing by a few centimers.

Alan Vega said:
Your Acewell is really nice but a bit too big for my liking.
Did you try so screw the dashboard underneath the two fork thread ? It'd lower the thing by a few centimers.

Im planning removing the OEM light & bracket & replacing with a (possibly) 7" sidemounted unit with 35w H4 HID conversion.

Also plan on moving the ignition switch down to a panel/plate where the EGR kit normally sits.

Those 2 together should allow me to drop the Acewell right down

Back
Top Bottom