The SkyTeam 'Ace' Resource

Merry Christmas everybody.

My wife has bought me a new crash helmet for Christmas. I have not owned a bike for 19 years so I assume that is the green light to order my Ace on Friday ;D

Wayne

nice work chris...we have matching helmets

150 cc 606 kit fitted but have to work in morning so no test ride tonight
17 tooth front cog on instead of rear cog swap.
did not fit jets or plug as not needed
iridium plug and running 48 /98 jets

Bojer said:
Sounds good - like an old IoM TT soundtrack :)

Yeah I'm loving it!

orrible-64 said:
nice work chris...we have matching helmets

Yeah I see plenty of them around, I think I'll be changing to something more traditional in the new year.

N20_TR._CLASSIC_PL._M.White_137__46427_zoom.jpg

I have paid my deposit for an Ace 125 today. The dealer is going to contact Skyteam about the derestricted chrome exhaust to see if he can order that at the same time as the bike. I hope it will be ready to go on March 1st. I decided to wait until the 14 reg plate comes out.

Wayne

Bojer said:
Counting the days then ? ;)

Where did you buy from in the end ?

I used The Scooter Warehouse in Worthing. It is run by 2 brothers. I dealt with Rob and he was very helpful. He also done me a deal on delivery and its possible it may be here on Friday 28th Feb, so I can have a play with it before taking it out legally on March 1st.

Wayne

WJPez said:
I used The Scooter Warehouse in Worthing. It is run by 2 brothers. I dealt with Rob and he was very helpful. He also done me a deal on delivery and its possible it may be here on Friday 28th Feb, so I can have a play with it before taking it out legally on March 1st.

Wayne
Sweeeeeeeettttttt

New controls feel great; filled the new master cylinder and brake line with fluid and bled same.

All good, but levers hit against blinker housings!

Modified bracket to lower blinkers by 3cm and move toward centre by 2.5cm:

item.JPG

and:

item.JPG

Problem solved.

Crazy

Alan Vega said:
Could you comment on the performance/quality/ergonomy of this new set compared to the stock one once you tried them ?

Cables connected, brakes filled and bled, rewiring complete!

A short test ride revealed the following:

eBay master cylinder, braided stainless line, and EBC pads improved the braking noticeably.

item.JPG

Switch blocks provide the minimum necessary functions and look tidy.

item.JPG

The real winner is the Tommaselli side pull quick-action throttle unit; much less wrist action required when accelerating.

item.JPG

Will be doing the big-bore (150cc!) conversion tomorrow, if all goes well.

Crazy

test rode big bore kit tonight... a must do modification. Went with 17 -38 gears used jets provided . used new ignition in rev limiter mode wound all the way out(20 turns). first ride around block was funny ...was set to top speed of 20kms an hour...proves it works as promised .
Wow...
do it...do it now!!!!

it no longer sounds like it is working so hard...no longer rides the same as it did..was good bike ...now better bike.

Hi All

Hope you all had a good Christmas and got lots of Ace presents! I've had a chance to ride mine a fair bit during the hols and I love it. I see the Big bore kit is a popular mod and all I can say about mine is that within the parameters of running in mine goes great - It is hard not to thrash it!
One of the trips I took was to see a mate of mine who has a couple of the Honda dreams that our bike are based on - see picture - All I can say is that the Ace does not come out of a comparison disgraced!

I am well into these little bike and I am hatching a plan to fit a 250 motor in one. I've written to Skyteam and asked about a complete 250 Raptor motor and am awaiting the reply. Has any one in Oz tried this? I see that you can buy a OHC motor from these guys

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Complete-Kit-250cc-Zongshen-OHC-engine-motor-motorbike-motorcycle-/251041322704

but apart from complete bikes these engine don't seem to be available in the uk - unless Skyteam will flog me one - Failing a new Chinese engine a s/h Honda will have to be found....

Anyroad up - have a great New Years eve if I don't post before then

Dave

Attachments

• ACE and Honda.JPG
    ACE and Honda.JPG
    902.2 KB · Views: 713
Back
Top Bottom